• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

xd and xdm sights.

cbpeck

I'm quite sure that they are interchangeable. In fact, a friend of mine just had Springfield install Trijicon sights on his Service XD & the Springfield rep said the sights they used for his gun were the same that go on the XDMs.

It may be a better buy to purchase another set of night sights (opticsplanet.com has good prices) to install on the XDM and leave your XD as it is. You have to buy a second set of sights, but you only have to pay a gunsmith to remove & reinstall sights on one gun rather than two.

billv

They are likely interchangeable.

I had Truglo Tritium sights installed on my XDM. I like them better than the original sights. I find that the either front sight is narrower of the rear sights further apart crating a bit of white space between them and helps my aim.

Also a friend pointed out that getting the Fiber Optic front sight reduced the distance between front and rear sight making aiming more difficult. I went with the tritium sights only.

cbpeck

The Trijicon sights are the same for XD and XDm, they are model sp01

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product2_bntns.php?mid=17

The sights linked are the ones I have on my XD 40 Subcompact and they work great, but Springfield recently began using an updated Trijicon sight with a different profile for many of the XDs & XDMs. Either sight will work on any XD, it's just personal preference.

Springfield also offers other brands of tritium sights for their in-house sight swaps. I chose to buy my Trijicon sights from opticsplanet.com and had them installed locally because I didn't want to pay Springfield's premium rate plus shipping. Finding a local smith to do the job can be difficult, however.

goalseter88

They are likely interchangeable.

I had Truglo Tritium sights installed on my XDM. I like them better than the original sights. I find that the either front sight is narrower of the rear sights further apart crating a bit of white space between them and helps my aim.

Also a friend pointed out that getting the Fiber Optic front sight reduced the distance between front and rear sight making aiming more difficult. I went with the tritium sights only.

thats what i got, the truglo fiber optic night sights, i havent had an issue with the fiber optics being closer. but thats personal, others it could i sure. but yah i like the truglo sights. i hate to upgrade to an xdm ifi cant put themm on them, or have to buy another one.

protect our rights

I'm quite sure that they are interchangeable. In fact, a friend of mine just had Springfield install Trijicon sights on his Service XD & the Springfield rep said the sights they used for his gun were the same that go on the XDMs.

Did your friend say how much he payed for Springfield to install his new sights?

cbpeck

Did your friend say how much he payed for Springfield to install his new sights?

About $120. He got Springfield to pay shipping both ways because of an unrelated issue, but typically you have to pay shipping to them and they'll cover it on the way back. It's always cheaper to send the slide than the whole gun, btw.