• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where do you leave it?

saint999

Kewl Group of people,
I was just curious when you do lock up in your car where you leave it? Isnt it at that point considered concealed ? Also does NC have any printable forms I can get my hands on for open carry laws?
Thanks

M

mattwestm

Yes, it is concealed, but as long as you aren't in the car, they can't charge you with a concealed weapon.

Locked in a mini-safe under the seat.

Northerner

Kewl Group of people,
I was just curious when you do lock up in your car where you leave it? Isnt it at that point considered concealed ? Also does NC have any printable forms I can get my hands on for open carry laws?
Thanks

Another new OP with numbers in his/her name, a new thread on their first post, and questions already answered in the forum. Did you by chance just recently get pulled over by NCHP in Western NC? :uhoh:

However, grammar seems a bit better. :lol:

Inside joke, if you are here and legitimate, you will understand over time.

Welcome to the forum. Use the search option and read up on past posting around this and other topics.

chiefjason

Small safe mounted behind the truck seat. I got my CCP because of this, and other reasons. The best explanation I got was that the second or two to stash it or retrieve it should not be that big of a deal. Stash it as you go out the door, and retrieve it as you get in.

ET.

I also lock mine in a gun safe under my seat when I can't take it with me. I understand that the safe will only stop an honest person from stealing the gun in a moment of weakness. The bad guys will get it no matter what I do.

jerz_subbie

depends on the car and how I'm traveling. Either small safe in the back, or locked glove box.
neither are perfect, but both will slow someone down a few seconds.

Right, most of these "vehicle safes" are nothing more than a lock box and anyone determined enough with basic hand tools can get into them. However, it's better than nothing!

Small tethered lock box under my seat that doubles as GPS storage when my gun is not in there... more the other way around as my gun is rarely in there haha.

Last edited: