• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB2756 Open Carry moves!!!

MR Redenck

Were out of committee folks!!! :banana:
The Lone Star CDL's bill is working. Lets keep it working and get this thing passed in the House.
:banana::banana::banana::monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey

Brion

Just curious. I'm not legal savy, and all that. If you have a NC CCP/CCW/CHP and Texas recognizes it. Can you OC? Also, does this allow you to just slap on a holster and walk around in the open with your Firearm OC? Or is this jsut a protection against printing and the like?

rushcreek2

Just curious. I'm not legal savy, and all that. If you have a NC CCP/CCW/CHP and Texas recognizes it. Can you OC? Also, does this allow you to just slap on a holster and walk around in the open with your Firearm OC? Or is this jsut a protection against printing and the like?

HB2756 would REPEAL the Section 46.035 (a) provision that presently restricts LICENSED and other state RECOGNIZED concealed handgun permits to CONCEALED ONLY in Texas. If HB 2756 is enacted the Texas CHL will be modified into a handgun license-period. Still not restoration of the constitutional right to carry openly - but a first step in the right direction.

If the bill is enacted , it will be interesting to see how licensed OC plays out in the Texas "Public Square". I think we will all be pleasantly surprized at the reception - compared to the levels of "issues" arising in the other 43 states.

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
Look Zach, remember how positive we were? Seems like only yesterday...oh yea, it was yesterday.

And then they stepped on us like a bug.

IMO guys, you want this to pass, you need a massive showing at the vote.

I'd really rather move to Texas than Virginia.

Get 'er done.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I'm rootin' for you guys. FL took it hard yesterday from the ol' hammer and sickle.

detroit_fan

I'm going to refrain from getting too excited because FL ripped my heart out yesterday. Good luck TX, please let the other states know if we can help in any way.

sprale

Wow! I figured (and hoped) that Texas would be first in line. To me, carry is carry, whether it is concealed or open. I like the idea because it would allow me to concealed carry legally, and if I accidentally display I would not get charged with anything. That makes real sense. Besides, criminals will be deterred if they are not aware of the citizens concealed-carrying more than if they could easily see firearms at a glance.

aadvark

Texas is FAR more Likely to Appease The Open Carry Movement than..., say..., Florida.

Needless to say though..., Similiar to The Circumstances found in South Carolina AND Arkansas, it seems Starnge that Texas will Allow Open Carry of Long Guns, but not of Handguns.

Thereagain, though, what is Law is Law.

sherlock7

Wow! I figured (and hoped) that Texas would be first in line. To me, carry is carry, whether it is concealed or open. I like the idea because it would allow me to concealed carry legally, and if I accidentally display I would not get charged with anything. That makes real sense. Besides, criminals will be deterred if they are not aware of the citizens concealed-carrying more than if they could easily see firearms at a glance.

You make an excellent point! I too would welcome a law that would allow me to either open carry or conceal. As it stands now, if my gun becomes exposed, I could be arrested even though I have a CHL. Makes you almost nervous to carry!

rushcreek2

It's just a bit silly that what could be construed as "failure to conceal" in Texas would require a concealed handgun permit in Colorado. Go figure.

Lone Star Citizen's Defense League- working to get HB 2756 enacted.
www.lonestarcdl.org

Last edited:

rpyne

Besides, criminals will be deterred if they are not aware of the citizens concealed-carrying more than if they could easily see firearms at a glance.

This is not true. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest any validity that open carry is less effective as a deterrent of crime.

Cowboy_Rick

This is not true. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest any validity that open carry is less effective as a deterrent of crime.
Maybe not, as more of a deterrant to CRIME, rather, more comfortable for the carrier. Gettin' hot right now and my "T" shirt is already stretched out of shape!!!

Last edited: