• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starting the New Year off right--Baltmore Style...

Sig229

No wonder there are so many murders in Baltimore.
Every time I walk down a city street I trip over all the guns.

"We need to take the guns off the street!" said senator Mukulski.

Dreamer

And the body count continues to grow. Up to 5 now--that's one homicide every 2 days in Baltimore...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
What what what??? Baltimore isn't one of the 3-4 safest cities in the nation yet? It has to be! Draconian gun laws ensure it! I'm sure all the recent deaths are attributable to violent assaults with hyberbole and strawmen.

Gunslinger

The Gulag obviously needs to step up the process of taking/outlawing guns from lawful citizens to stop this trend. Once everyone who has never committed a crime is denied guns, the problem will be solved. Or anyone who mentions it can be swiftly dealt with by the SS visiting them at 3 AM--after they kick in the door.

Dreamer

8 homicides in one evening or total for the month? lol

Total for the calendar year so far. So Baltimore has a little more than one homicide every three days, statistically...

The small WV town where I grew up had a homicide rate of about 1 every 30 years (and that one homicide was committed by a guy from NY who was visiting our town), and that town was armed to the teeth with hunters, sportsmen, farmers, and target shooter with rifles, shotguns and handguns of ALL types...

Last edited:

Sig229

20 so far this year is a little lower than normal.
However, every Baltimoron knows that when the warmer spring and summer months come, thats when the streets really get crazy.
I lived in Baltimore during the crack wars in the early 90's and it was insane. I didnt give a damn about the CC laws there, I did what I had to do.

Dreamer

20 so far this year is a little lower than normal.
However, every Baltimoron knows that when the warmer spring and summer months come, thats when the streets really get crazy.
I lived in Baltimore during the crack wars in the early 90's and it was insane. I didnt give a damn about the CC laws there, I did what I had to do.

Yeah, only one homicide every three days average is pretty good for Bulletmore, Murderland.

But you are right--historically when the weather heats up, so do the "gats".

By July, I will be having difficulty keeping up with the announcements, I'm sure...

Dreamer

After a particularly spirited weekend in "Charm City", Baltimore's homicide count hit 40 Monday...

How's that "gun control" thing working out for ya, Mayor Rawlings-Blake and Commissioner Bealefeld?

Sig229

After a particularly spirited weekend in "Charm City", Baltimore's homicide count hit 40 Monday...

How's that "gun control" thing working out for ya, Mayor Rawlings-Blake and Commissioner Bealefeld?

40?
Sounds like their slacking off a little this year so far.

Ah well, Im sure they'll catch up by summertime.

Dreamer

Baltimore hits 55 Homicides...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/breaking/bs-md-ci-four-shootings-20120418,0,3452791.story

There have been SEVEN homicides in Baltimore since last Friday. This is the worst seven days for homicides yet this year. Looks like things are heating up in Charm City. We might be in for an interesting summer here in the "Free State".

Looks like the thugs heard about Gansler's appeal and stay on the Woolard ruling, and are testing the waters with MD's woefully unarmed law-abiding populace...

Dreamer

Baltimore hits 65 homicides...

Well, technically, it's 63 "official" homicides and 2 "suspicious deaths", which will most likely be re-classified as homicides once investigations proceed further.

Happy May Day, Baltimore...