• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

where at

eye95

I'd check your State law. Start with the sub-forum for the State in which you would be carrying.

Some States are kind of funky as to what is open and what is concealed. Is it Louisiana where having the gun in a holster has been considered by the courts to be concealed?

If you carry openly on a bicycle in Alabama, you will need a license as that is considered "in a vehicle."

Bottom line, if you carry, openly or concealed, know the federal laws and the State laws on possession and carry, or risk running afoul of them.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I'd check your State law....Is it Louisiana where having the gun in a holster has been considered by the courts to be concealed?...Bottom line, if you carry, openly or concealed, know the federal laws and the State laws on possession and carry, or risk running afoul of them.

Not only the law but the relevant court decisions too ... weird how having a gun in a holster is concealed...one would never know that unless they looked into the court opinions...

Thanks eye !

eye95

Very definitely court rulings too! As a matter of fact, I think it is a court interpretation in LA that holstering a gun is concealing it. I may not be recalling correctly. Everyone should check for themselves and not take anyone else's word for it. If you break the law on my word, you go to jail, not me.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
@ skidmark: Ooops...I clicked on those motorcycle-carry pics and got a 404 Error message on all of them:

" The webpage cannot be found HTTP 404 "

"...weird how having a gun in a holster is concealed..." -- davidmcbeth

That's one reason I don't want to wear my Tokarev's military FLAP HOLSTER in NM (CO may be the same) because I never could get any definitive answer re: wearing a flap holster in NM (for OCing purposes) as it pretty much covers the gun.

Yes, it CLEARLY DOES look like a gun holster, and one could "reasonably assume" a gun IS being carried in it, and it IS plainly carried on the outside of the belt (not covered by shirt or jacket) -- but then again, it COULD be just where I store my cigarettes/cellphone/camera and such (so who knows what REALLY is in it except me -- a cop wouldn't)...so would it still be considered OCing or instead, CCing?

As stated, I NEVER got an answer...so I won't use said holster as it's neither fish nor fowl (apparently)...meaning it's not CC because the holster is open to public view, yet it's not OC because the gun isn't visible to public view. You can't win.

Go figure.

In a full-blown SHTF situation, however, I sure WILL use it as "the law" won't matter anymore (fortunately) and would be the least of my concerns anyway in a SHTF context.

Last edited:

HeroHog

I OC my pistol in a pocket on my "European Hand Bag"...

gunbag.jpg

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Yes, of course...

But my "Hello Kitty" range-bag gets quite a few comments on the line. One of them was even positive. ;-)

Well, at least I complete the ensemble with my "Kalashnikitty" t-shirt...

P.S. Be sure you carry your "European Hand Bag" in front of you so no one behind you can get it from the back (blindside). Paint the gun purple (the BAG looks purple) and no one would notice it!

Attachments

• European Shoulder Bag (old Progressive Ins TV commercial).jpg
    European Shoulder Bag (old Progressive Ins TV commercial).jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 477
Last edited: