• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New York has begun gun confiscation of anyone on anti-anxiety medication

since9

Campaign Veteran
This is what's on New York's website.

This is not.

If New York identifies a concealed carry permit holder as someone who is on anti-anxiety medication, they are not only suspending the individual's license, they are going to the individual's door and forcing them to give up their firearms. Currently, gun-owners are being given a "knock option," in that if they voluntarily open their door to the state police, the state police won't bust down their door.

This is being done by the NY State Police, which falls directly under the executive branch. As such, they are Cuomo's private army.

PS: It won't be long before they begin confiscating firearms for other reasons, and then, for any reason. Or no reason at all.

countryclubjoe

I see NJ quickly following big brother.

How does the NY state police obtain a persons medical file?

Very interesting and very disturbing.

CCJ

markand

I see NJ quickly following big brother.

How does the NY state police obtain a persons medical file?

Very interesting and very disturbing.

CCJ

Yes, very interesting. How exactly did NY get this information? The speed with which they are acting suggests that somebody ALREADY HAD a detailed database of medical records and simply mined it to match up NY gun owners with the list of people who had ever been prescribed these medications. Who already had this data and how was it obtained? It seems highly unlikely that NY went from doctor to doctor or pharmacy to pharmacy. Does NY have the juice to overcome HIPPA privacy restrictions? I doubt it. So who does?

IMHO, I would have to guess that Homeland Security, or some other federal agency, believes the Patriot Act trumps HIPPA and have been quietly collecting medical records from insurers for some time, perhaps years. Heaven only knows what other information DHS has been gathering. When NY passed their so-called SAFE Act, all NY had to do was ask DHS to match their list of firearm owners with the information already in DHS hands to come up with a list of NY gun owners who had been prescribed certain medications, and perhaps even any gun owner who had ever seen a mental health professional. Yeah, I'm kind of speculating, but I don't think this is tin-foil hat stuff.

countryclubjoe

Knock Option? What is that? Either let us come in an trample on your rights or we will kick your door down and trample on your rights, YOUR CHOICE.

Gotta love NY.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Guy in New York? Oh, here you go ... thanks for taking these instruments off my hand.

It won't be until people resist that this will stop dead in its tracks.

If the medication is sooo bad then they should outlaw the medication. But they haven't because they aren't.

Last edited:

Big Daddy XD

Cuomo and Bloomberg have single handedly made me NEVER want to visit NY or spend a dime on any business in that Communist State. I don't know how the people there keep re-electing these idiots to office. I can't imagine living under such laws........

eye95

Why does anyone who loves Liberty live in New York???

You are outnumbered by left-wing fascists who will use democracy to destroy your rights. Leave, FCOL! The situation will never get better, only worse.

I ain't ever moving back. Screw New York.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
The timing couldn't be better. Its less than a week from the anniversary of Lexington and Concord--and we all know what General Gage's red coats intended to do that morning.

In fact, today is the anniversary of the redcoats receiving the orders to disarm the colonists.

Last edited:

MKEgal

countryclubjoe said:
And to think they have Lady Liberty housed in that horrible state.
Exactly what I was thinking.
It needs to be moved to a more appropriate place. Vermont, maybe.
I'm not much good at such things, but someone should create a photo with a huge cargo helicopter hoisting a sling attached to the statue, and a caption something like "prohibited in NY".

Here's an article saying that NY is digging itself in deeper - subpoenaing confidential medical files of perhaps thousands of patients in the hope of getting info on a few gun owners. (Granted, it's not from a real news source, but would the MSM report this?)
...two prominent and well regarded Buffalo area psychiatrists received subpoenas from state officials, possibly on Friday April 12th, 2013, commanding them to turn over all of their patient files to the State.
Never mind that they need those files to continue to do business... And it would be a financial hardship to make copies of everything (unless it's on electronic media, then the police need to supply a very large portable hard drive).

There's no way the subpoena could be written narrowly enough to be legal. Whatever judge signed off on it (or the clerk who used the signature stamp on the paperwork) should be fired, disbarred, & sued.
If the police had PC to believe that certain gun owners were mentally incompetent, AND getting care from one of those doctors, then maybe the records of those particular people could be seized.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

We-the-People

Since the police are being so nice and giving a "knock option" before kicking down your door to seize your property, I assume (and probably doing exactly what the saying says when one ass u me's) that they have a WARRANT to authorize the subsequent kicking in of the door.......right.....

I think we have more of a fourth amendment problem in this country than a second amendment one. Government abuses the fourth in order to weaken the second but when it comes down to it, there's a whole lot of seizing of persons and property going on that doesn't comport well with the fourth.

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

Why does anyone who loves Liberty live in New York???

You are outnumbered by left-wing fascists who will use democracy to destroy your rights. Leave, FCOL! The situation will never get better, only worse.

I ain't ever moving back. Screw New York.

I have gone one step further I avoid doing business with any New York company, I am not indirectly supporting New York.

I will not do my consulting work for companies located in certain states, New York was already on the list along with NJ, MA, IL, CONN, RI, DEL, I just added CO and I am down to one client in CA and when that ends I will do no more business in that state.