• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snowden Deserves A Cruise Missile Up His....

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Citizen, I object to the term "crony capitalist". Use of government power to favor or disfavor any competitor or participant in an economy is anti-capitalistic. "crony capitalism" is NOT capitalistic. A more accurate way to identify what you and I both abhor is "cronyism".

I don't really object to your idea.

But, I do think the term I used conveys the necessary distinction to unfamiliar readers. I think that's why the libertarian opinion-leaders use it in the first place. The term cronyism can be applied to so many different situations. If I was an unfamiliar reader and read only the word cronyism, I'd be scratching my head wondering which cronies and how they had anything to do with it.

And, yet, crony capitalism is still capitalistic. Capital is still being created. Just not as efficiently and quickly. The cronies still have what they created for reinvestment.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Maybe CrapOnus and Katsung should get together and form a boys band to spread their word. They could wear white pants, dark shirts and ride bikes. This would differentiate them from the LDS teams.

Mercy sakes!! Don't give him any ideas! Next, he'll be going door-to-door to "spread my message."

EMNofSeattle

Mercy sakes!! Don't give him any ideas! Next, he'll be going door-to-door to "spread my message."

deal with him the same way I deal with mormons...

just tell them with a straight face that you're gay.... it gets rid of mormons and makes sure they never come back. see no reason why it won't with [strike]Ca Patriot[/strike] onus....

eye95

Citizen, I object to the term "crony capitalist". Use of government power to favor or disfavor any competitor or participant in an economy is anti-capitalistic. "crony capitalism" is NOT capitalistic. A more accurate way to identify what you and I both abhor is "cronyism".

Citizen nailed it. I just wanted to add something.

Usually, when the term "crony capitalism" is used, it is in response to someone claiming that our system is "capitalistic." To me, it is "capitalism" that is the objectionable term because of its common definition today being economic systems such as ours. To refer to true capitalism, I now prefer the term "free markets." While folks may erroneously believe that we are capitalistic, if you ask them if we have truly free markets, they will mostly say no (unfortunately believing that it is good that our markets are not free).

onus

sounds like you are having trouble articulating the good things snowden has done. it also sounds like you are ignoring the bad things he has done. it even sounds like you are cheering the bad things he has done.

stealthyeliminator

sounds like you are having trouble articulating the good things snowden has done. it also sounds like you are ignoring the bad things he has done. it even sounds like you are cheering the bad things he has done.

You have bloodlust and have failed to cite any of your claims of justification. Which is worse, inaction as a result of ignorance, or murder as a result of ignorance?

At the most Snowden should be tried by a jury of his peers. Please leave the cruise missiles in their silos.

Last edited:

eye95

You have bloodlust and have failed to cite any of your claims of justification. Which is worse, inaction as a result of ignorance, or murder as a result of ignorance?

At the most Snowden should be tried by a jury of his peers. Please leave the cruise missiles in their silos.

I think that folks who make unsubstantiated claims should have a cru...never mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>