• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would like help with photo opp

Packer fan

I'm visiting Wisconsin again on June 13-14th because I live in Arkansas we have many gun free zones. I would like to take some photos in Madison of me open carrying in places that are restricted here in Arkansas: Capitol, any Government Building etc. I'm not looking to break any laws in Wisconsin only to prove a point of why you "Yankees" can be trusted to carry in placeses we "Hillbillies" can't.

Can someome give me good locations that would make a point? I would really like to hit the State Capitol Building but the laws may have changed about OC there (I don't know), if so what is state law about printing: because, I would like to prove the point even if I have to CC.

We are fighting for freedoms here in the Arkansas.

I would even like to meet someone to get ideas.

pkbites

I'm visiting Wisconsin again on June 13-14th because I live in Arkansas we have many gun free zones. I would like to take some photos in Madison of me open carrying in places that are restricted here in Arkansas: Capitol, any Government Building etc. I'm not looking to break any laws in Wisconsin only to prove a point of why you "Yankees" can be trusted to carry in placeses we "Hillbillies" can't.

Can someome give me good locations that would make a point? I would really like to hit the State Capitol Building but the laws may have changed about OC there (I don't know), if so what is state law about printing: because, I would like to prove the point even if I have to CC.

We are fighting for freedoms here in the Arkansas.

I would even like to meet someone to get ideas.

One cannot open carry inside Wisconsins Capitol building. But as far as I know that is actually a "rule" set by the Department of Administration and not an actual statuted law. I don't know if there has been a legal challenge to it. You can carry concealed there, though.

Packer fan

Thank you

Thank you for the responds.

The last time (two years ago or so) I visited I talked with Capitol Police and they told me I could open carry but prefer I do not.

How about on Capitol grounds outside the building? Really looking to stir the pot with these photos.

Follow us on Facebook: Ozark Constitutional Carry, or Patriots of Act 746, or Arkansas Carry Discussion Group. Who knows you could be retiring down there, a lot of people from Chicago and Wisconsin do.

protias

No issue what-so-ever with carrying on the grounds, so I'm not sure how you stir the pot with doing lawful activity.

Packer fan

No issue what-so-ever with carrying on the grounds, so I'm not sure how you stir the pot with doing lawful activity.

It's for Arkansas not for Wisconsin.

In Arkansas we can't carry in about 20 different locations were as in Wisconsin there are about 5 locations?
I'm very involved with Arkansas' gun rights so I want to post pictures to show people the freedoms you "Yankees" have that we "Hillbillies" don't have.

We already were a catalyst in removing an anti gun mayor in Mountain View, Ar.

We want are freedoms and rights back.