• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This Liberal's liberating first OC

Gun Totin' Liberal

Well, I just completed my first OC. :banana:

I went to WAWA and fueled up, then went inside and tapped MAC. After that I drove to Wegmans and picked up a six pack of Victory Lager.

As I was getting back into my pick up at WAWA, a LEO happened to drive right past my truck. So when I pulled out, I went the way he did, behind the store, and he pulled into a parking spot. Then, as I was pulling out of the parking lot, another LEO was pulling into the lot. If I would have been a few minutes later, I may possibly have had my first encounter with LEOs during my first OC. :eek: I feel that I am prepared for that situation, but one never knows how one will act under pressure.

I got a handful of glances, and I am sure the person behind me at the ATM had to have been looking at my piece, lol.

I must say that I would feel a bit safer if I had a holster with some retention, as I am using my open-top concealment holster right now. I have a Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster for my Beretta .380, I was thinking of wearing that sometime in the future, anyone ever OC in a shoulder harness?

Anyway, it was very liberating, and I am glad I did it.

Gun Totin' Liberal

Congrats on the OC. Just an FYI seeing that you live in Downingtown-Victory does not allow people to OC at their location. I no longer buy Victory.

Thanks! Yea, I heard about Victory not allowing it, but ya know what? I love their beer too much to stop buying it for that reason. I am a reasonable person, and I can see why they may not want people drinking at their place while carrying. BTW, I am not insinuating that you are unreasonable :D I understand principles.

donotknowme

Thanks! Yea, I heard about Victory not allowing it, but ya know what? I love their beer too much to stop buying it for that reason. I am a reasonable person, and I can see why they may not want people drinking at their place while carrying. BTW, I am not insinuating that you are unreasonable :D I understand principles.

They allow people to drink and carry at their place as long as the weapon is concealed. I do miss their Festbier though.

Sig229

Glad to hear you had a positive OC experience.
Now get your other liberal friends to start OCing.
The more the better!

Seems like the eastern part of PA has WAWA's and here on the western side we have Sheetz.
Both seem to have a 24 hour police presence. lol

Gun Totin' Liberal

They allow people to drink and carry at their place as long as the weapon is concealed. I do miss their Festbier though.

Oh, I don't mind concealing for an evening of food and brew. I actually think I am more comfortable CCing while at a bar anyway. One never knows what a drunk might do upon seeing a gun.

Glad to hear you had a positive OC experience.
Now get your other liberal friends to start OCing.
The more the better!

Seems like the eastern part of PA has WAWA's and here on the western side we have Sheetz.
Both seem to have a 24 hour police presence. lol

Thanks, I have been doing it every time I go out now, with a few exceptions. I am not allowed to have a gun on me or in my truck during work hours (I drive my truck to each job site), but I take it anyway and leave in in the console. I mentioned it to them, now it's up to them to want to go for it.

WAWA is growing, they might end up out that way too some day. We have Sheetz around here as well, not many that I know of though. lol @ 24hr police presence.

Last edited: