• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Arrested for Accidental Exposure in Florida - With VIDEO

77zach

THAT would an excellent resolution to this for sure.

AD

I hate to be ixtow-ish negative. But again, I would be flabbergasted if it happened. Even licensed OC. What "liberal" judge(s) are going to do an end run around the legislature this way and catapult Florida into the "wild wild west" ?

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
ixtow-ish negative.

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw.

On the up side, I'm liking the fact that a few people here are starting to take off their rose-tinted glasses and see the circumstances for how dire they really are.

A dollar short and a day late, but at least it's happening.

You cannot solve a problem if you refuse to admit what it is.

It's sad that the FL Carry organization had to learn the hard way what I tried to tell them over and over again... It seemed almsot like they were a plant from the anti side, how they managed to get it wrong on purpose... But I see now they were merely naive. A degree of naivety I have been long rid of.

You always lose when you don't realize what you're dealing with. Lots of people think I'm crazy, but it's only because I've had the wool removed from my eyes by some very horrific experiences. You SHOULD consider me the canary in the mineshaft. This extreme tyranny and corruption happens to somebody, it just happened to be me, and I'm the only one I know who lived to tell the tale. Denial and killing the messenger won't fix your country. Allowing your enemy to grow stronger will not give you the upper hand.

michigan0626

The Florida 4th DCA just rejected the State AG's motion to dismiss our petition for them to take jurisdiction. I'll post updates as the arguments are filed.

Any updates as far as taking it to the State Supreme Court per the judge's orders, "Get up Tallahassee and make them fix this law!" ?

What kind of process and timeline is it to argue that oc is constitutional, cc is a privilege, therefor oc ban overturned by default?
Anything happening legislatively that would get us anywhere closer to oc?
I have a nice, blackened Colt Rail Gun that would like to see the light of day without fear of the gustapo. (im not bashing law enforcement as a whole, I am also a leo)

77zach

Any updates as far as taking it to the State Supreme Court per the judge's orders, "Get up Tallahassee and make them fix this law!" ?

What kind of process and timeline is it to argue that oc is constitutional, cc is a privilege, therefor oc ban overturned by default?
Anything happening legislatively that would get us anywhere closer to oc?
I have a nice, blackened Colt Rail Gun that would like to see the light of day without fear of the gustapo. (im not bashing law enforcement as a whole, I am also a leo)

Fl carry is still fighting and is a little less negative than I am, I think. I believe the extremely anti-gun Fl supreme court would give us unlicensed CC before any form of OC (assuming they hear anything), which means we'll get nothing except a solidification that there is no right to bear arms in Fl unless you're fishing.

No attempt at a legislative fix this year because a mongoloid 1,200 miles away murdered some kids in a gun free zone. Don't ask me how it's relevant to our civil rights. In 2011, school carry was nixed because an underage drunk accidently killed a girl off campus with a rifle.

Talesman

I believe the extremely anti-gun Fl supreme court

I am curious as to which justices sitting there do you consider anti-gun?

Quite frankly I consider myself ignorant of their guns stance(s) but was quite pleased with their more liberal personal liberty rulings.

To me it seems every time I get disgusted with them along comes a great ruling such as the one that SCOTUS recently overturned (alas) about searches using dogs.

77zach

I am curious as to which justices sitting there do you consider anti-gun?

Quite frankly I consider myself ignorant of their guns stance(s) but was quite pleased with their more liberal personal liberty rulings.

To me it seems every time I get disgusted with them along comes a great ruling such as the one that SCOTUS recently overturned (alas) about searches using dogs.

Which personal liberty rulings are you referring to? The Fl supreme court formally dispensed with mens rea a couple years ago, and also said we're officially guilty until proven innocent. Fl vs Adkins

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2012/07/13/0712_SCOFLA_DRUGS.pdf

You usually don't become a high ranking judge if you believe in liberty. Andrew Napolitano is 1/10,000.

To answer your question, I don't know, I've forgotten. It could be just a general assumption/awareness. I'd be shocked if they came to the necessary conclusions about carry in Florida...assuming they ever hear it.

Last edited:

Talesman

Which personal liberty rulings are you referring to? .

In Florida v. Harris I was real proud of them for deciding like they did. That's because I was, at one time, a dog trainer, worked with high-ranking military K-9 folks as well as a few New England PD K-9 units and well recognize what the industry call "trick ponies" and the abuses of same (probable cause). FLSC used well-reasoned and well thought out logic when they reversed. Sadly, SCOTUS, who could care less about civil liberties when it comes to curbing cop abuses, overturned the FL decision and did so very curtly and never delved into the nitty gritty as did their FL counterparts.

I'd cite a few more excellent civil liberty cases by FLSC but lost all of them due to a change in e-mail providers. I used to get their decisions e-mailed to me when they occured and those e-mail boxes are no longer accessible.

Still am interested in which justices may be anti-gun or which cases you think should have been decided differently. Like I said, I am not really up to speed in that area. Also I don't recall any pro-gun advocates beating the drum for defeat of those several justices which were on the ballot last. Then, again, I wasn't haunting firearms forums at that time, hence my ignorance.

Last edited:

77zach

In Florida v. Harris I was real proud of them for deciding like they did. That's because I was, at one time, a dog trainer, worked with high-ranking military K-9 folks as well as a few New England PD K-9 units and well recognize what the industry call "trick ponies" and the abuses of same (probable cause). FLSC used well-reasoned and well thought out logic when they reversed. Sadly, SCOTUS, who could care less about civil liberties when it comes to curbing cop abuses, overturned the FL decision and did so very curtly and never delved into the nitty gritty as did their FL counterparts.

I'd cite a few more excellent civil liberty cases by FLSC but lost all of them due to a change in e-mail providers. I used to get their decisions e-mailed to me when they occured and those e-mail boxes are no longer accessible.

Still am interested in which justices may be anti-gun or which cases you think should have been decided differently. Like I said, I am not really up to speed in that area. Also I don't recall any pro-gun advocates beating the drum for defeat of those several justices which were on the ballot last. Then, again, I wasn't haunting firearms forums at that time, hence my ignorance.

Well, that's a little encouraging. Still, Fl vs Adkins upends common sense and American legal tradition and says we're guilty until proven innocent and can be convicted of a crime even if we have no knowledge that we're committing the mala prohibitum. They did this because they were not about to undermine the legislature's obsession with outlawing certain drugs that some people like taking. Will they really circumvent the legislature and turn Fl into the "wild wild west" with OC? IMO, never.

And if they did, I wonder if the state would obey the ruling. You are aware the FLSC gave constitutional carry (unlicensed carry) to all white adults in the state in Watson v. Stone, where the court overturned a conviction of a man who was carrying a pistol without a license. From Judge Buford's 1941 opinion:

"I know something of the history of this legislation. The original Act of 1893 was passed when there was a great influx of negro laborers in this State drawn here for the purpose of working in turpentine and lumber camps. The same condition existed when the Act was amended in 1901 and the Act was passed for the purpose of disarming the negro laborers and to thereby reduce the unlawful homicides that were prevalent in turpentine and saw-mill camps and to give the white citizens in sparsely settled areas a better feeling of security. The statute was never intended to be applied to the white population and in practice has never been so applied."

Obviously, the ruling is now ignored, and was being ignored as early as the 1960's.

transam86

sad it is

5 cops for 1 man whos legaly carrying? Some moron concerned citizen who just HAS TO USE THERE CELL PHONE and cant mind there own damn buisness. Probably the same moron who puts there 4 ways on in the rain. All I seen was the bottom of his holster no gun. I do hope open carry passes. My question is why did we loose it to begin with in 87???? Im new to florida 2 years and 2 years having my ccw and carry a springfield 45 13 + 1 .