• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Response from LaCrosse County DA re: McDonald vs Chicago and park prohibition

B

bhancock

provocation

You know, I think you can provoke Doug on your own damn thread! I may not always understand Doug, but I really don't care if he wants to challenge my mind a little. If it bothers me, I will take it up with him myself. If I wanted entertainment, I'd be spending my time elsewhere.

B

bhancock

translation

Significant jurisprudence has taken place since 1791, not least the constitution of the free and sovereign state of Wisconsin in 1848. In 1791 the Constitution and Bill of Rights and the Second Amendment to the BoR was effective against only the national government. Wisconsin Constitution, I § 25 was not even voted on until late 1998. Only now, with McDonald v. City of Chicago has the Second Amendment been incorporated into the Fourteenth Amendment against the states.

But you knew that, choosing instead to make rhetorical points by ignoring (same root as of "ignorant") history.

QED = quod erat demonstrandum typically signifies the conclusion of a proof, mathematical or logical. I am not a lawyer and see no legalistic logical proof.

What Doug told me here is that I was ******* in the wind with my argument. I should have started with the root foundation of the right, then maybe argued the statute and ordinance issues based on that premise, if that were even possible. All this ordinance stuff, while important to the locale, is not as important as the bigger picture of equal right to bear arms for all citizens of Wisconsin and this country.

Let me know if I even got close on that one Doug.

Spartacus

Banned
You know, I think you can provoke Doug on your own damn thread!

Respectfully, this is not "your thread" as it now belongs in the public domain.

In this case Doug took a snarky shot at PG and killfiled him and I commented on it. I notice you don't revile Doug for not staying on topic. Why is that? Has he got you baffled with BS as well?

J.Gleason

Banned

In this case Doug took a snarky shot at PG and killfiled him and I commented on it. I notice you don't revile Doug for not staying on topic. Why is that? Has he got you baffled with BS as well?

Fartucus has spoken!

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Are you guys finished yet?

Monkey_Poo_for_you_pt1_by_Jays_Dood.jpg

B

bhancock

Maybe I should have said "have some respect for the OP please". I didn't see Doug's remark as a snarky comment, but then I don't know Professor Gun well enough to understand that it may have been an inside joke of some sort. It appeared to me that Phred took the first shot at Doug anyway, about the grumpy from his nap issue, and he may not have even meant it that way at all. Point is, why take a shot at all? People communicate in different ways, some more perplexing than others. It is easy enough to ignore an annoying post if it is not some hostile blatant attack that clearly violates the terms of the forum. I am sure there is a forum somewhere dedicated to hostility and potshots at one another.

Again there is debate about a particular subject, which is good, and then there are the personal attacks which I feel have no place here. By the way I try not to to baffled by anyone's BS. I like truth and facts when dealing with a topic such as the one I posted. I gave Doug a pass because I felt he was baited and would not have have been snarky otherwise. If he comes on and personally attacks me, rest assured I will take it up with him first as a private matter.

Thank You all for the good comments, I will be sure to let you all know what kind of a response I get from the DA.

Spartacus

Banned
Point is, why take a shot at all? People communicate in different ways, some more perplexing than others. It is easy enough to ignore an annoying post if it is not some hostile blatant attack that clearly violates the terms of the forum. I am sure there is a forum somewhere dedicated to hostility and potshots at one another.

If your friend was getting mugged in an alley would you look the other way or rush to his aid?

Neither of us has been on the forum for very long Sir, but I've gotten to know the lay of the land here quickly and also have gotten to know some of these guys personally and have a great respect for their lives and accomplishments.

Certain other individuals here are like flies on a dunghill that you or I will never meet in person because they live their lives sniping good men from behind a keyboard with snarky words.

Having said that, I appreciate your post and look forward to hearing what your DA will say in response.

J.Gleason

Banned
If your friend was getting mugged in an alley would you look the other way or rush to his aid?

Neither of us has been on the forum for very long Sir, but I've gotten to know the lay of the land here quickly and also have gotten to know some of these guys personally and have a great respect for their lives and accomplishments.

Certain other individuals here are like flies on a dunghill that you or I will never meet in person because they live their lives sniping good men from behind a keyboard with snarky words.

Having said that, I appreciate your post and look forward to hearing what your DA will say in response.

let's just get this out in the open and get this bantering over with. Spartacus if you would stop being so insulting to everyone maybe other members would stop bashing you. Just because you do not understand a comment someone has made does not mean you should start with the insults. Your right about one thing. you haven't been a member very long and maybe you should have respect for those who have.

I will heed my own words and stop the banter as well as I no longer have time for this childish BS. I hope you will do the same. I would rather my friends list grew than my ignore list.
Whether you believe yourself to be a gifted individual or not should not mean that disparaging remarks should be issued to everyone you feel is below you. We are all equal here whether you like it or not.

As to meeting face to face. Is that the true measure of a man? I was raised to believe that a true man not only stands up for what he believes but also takes care of his family. To chastise anyone for not going to the events is utterly ridiculous. Some here can not afford to travel, may have other issues at home which does not allow them to travel or like myself work a job with strange hours that does not allow for it. Does that mean that we are not equal "champions of the cause?" No, it doesn't.

However as I have stated before I am doing things behind the scenes that I hope will benefit us all. Maybe to some that doesn't seem like much right now but in the end it will.

You may not believe Constitutional Carry is possible but many of us here do and it is. The other states that have it are proof. Sure they went through all the hoops but the evidence shows that they could have went straight to it in the first place. Arguing that it has to be one step at a time is only support for the argument that there will be blood in the streets or that the whole state will turn into the wild west. Both you and I know it is not true so why should we waste the taxpayers dollars on more and more legislation when repealing the laws out there now will give us essentially Constitutional Carry now? It is possible, we just have to fight for it and not compromise.

So far I have seen you belittle many here simply because they have not measured up in your eyes. Since you are so new to the forum and this movement I don't think it is fair that you hold the measuring stick to anyone.
For that matter I don't think it is fair that anyone is measured here since we all have a passion for the same cause. We are all equal.

With that in mind let's try to co exist and be a little more polite and friendly in our interactions.

Peace

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
let's just get this out in the open and get this bantering over with. Spartacus if you would stop being so insulting to everyone maybe other members would stop bashing you.

Silly boy. You are the only one here who is "bashing me", and believe me it is futile and without effect.

Like Dougie said, use the killfile if you don't like me. For my part, my only complaint about you is that you have verbal diarrhea insofar as you feel the need to comment on each and every thread on the forum whether your comments are pertinent or not.

Get some friends in the real world OK?

J.Gleason

Banned
Silly boy. You are the only one here who is "bashing me", and believe me it is futile and without effect.

Like Dougie said, use the killfile if you don't like me. For my part, my only complaint about you is that you have verbal diarrhea insofar as you feel the need to comment on each and every thread on the forum whether your comments are pertinent or not.

Get some friends in the real world OK?

OK well atleast everyone here now see that is you who is the Arse hole and not me. From this point on there is no reason for me to have any conversation with you as everything you say is virtually worthless. Very comparable to others who have recently been banned from the forum.

I might add, it is always amusing how the insults come up about people being on here having no friends. That is the pot calling the kettle black as apparently the only friends you have are the ones you met at the picnic. Just another good reason not to go. Thank god for the Iggy Button.

M

McX

dang it guys, i consider you both friends, and i respect your opinions, and the points of view you offer me to consider. but even if i disagree with someone, i keep in mind that they are open carriers; deserving of my respect and trust. someday my life may count on one or both of you.

J.Gleason

Banned
dang it guys, i consider you both friends, and i respect your opinions, and the points of view you offer me to consider. but even if i disagree with someone, i keep in mind that they are open carriers; deserving of my respect and trust. someday my life may count on one or both of you.

Calm down and drink a beer Bender. I tried.