• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT - Back in the day

USMC1911

See, folks back in the day OC'ed !

Attachments

• gallery_1_3_12589.jpg
    gallery_1_3_12589.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 190
  • gallery_1_3_52536.jpg
    gallery_1_3_52536.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 197
  • gallery_1_5_37426.jpg
    gallery_1_5_37426.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 186

irish52084

Is the red vehicle in 2nd pic a land cruiser? The top looks very fj25 or fj40. Could just be a jeep, but I can 't tell for sure. I'm in the late stages of a frame off restoration and customization of a 1971 land cruiser fj40, hence my interest in the pic.

amlevin

Those are Jeeps Sir, notice the PTO on the back. :)

That was back in the day when if you wanted A/C on a Jeep you removed the top. For cigarette lighter you used a Zippo or a Kitchen Match. And NOBODY waxed a jeep.

Pistols were often GI surplus .45's, .38 Police Positive's, and a few Browning Hi-Powers and P-38's.

Rifles were often sporterized 1903's or 30-30 lever actions.

You could outfit yourself for a hunting trip at the local surplus store and do it well for a couple hundred dollars.

Yes, it was back in the day. The Good Old Days.

irish52084

Those are Jeeps Sir, notice the PTO on the back. :)

Good call, I didn't notice the PTO in rear till now. Land Cruisers had a PTO option as well. Upon closer examination, maybe I need glasses. The rear hatch doors and glass are all wrong for a toyota, Jepp all the way.

Last edited: