• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orange County unloaded open carry

xnetc9

there's a school everywhere in OC. i would really like to UOC too but am afraid to get harassed. i have money to front for lawyers to sue the city in case they violate my rights, but still... it is a lot of work.

xnetc9

i am mapping out the school zones on google earth. looks like the majority of OrangeCounty is covered in school zones. so much for open carry

xnetc9

attached is a Gun Free School Zone for orange county for all you open carriers. it's not complete... but it is what i have right now and that's all i need since i travel around in those areas.

open the KMZ with google earth. maybe when i have time and motivation, i will map out the rest of the school zones.

Last edited:
K

kittyhawk63

http://www.4shared.com/file/XyeInuA9/Orange_County_KMZ.html

attached is a Gun Free School Zone for orange county for all you open carriers. it's not complete... but it is what i have right now and that's all i need since i travel around in those areas.

open the KMZ with google earth. maybe when i have time and motivation, i will map out the rest of the school zones.

I've used your KMZ. I don't see anything not standard with Google Earth. What should I be looking for? What part of Orange County have you done?

Last edited:

xnetc9

I've used your KMZ. I don't see anything not standard with Google Earth. What should I be looking for? What part of Orange County have you done?

did mostly OC near the beach. u should see little red squares.

also i got my holster today and open carried at a restaurant that i go to often. no one was that surprised.

iownagn-gs

OC advice

Only talk to them if you want something from them like an OC map.

If you call and ask them "about" oc you will get no useful information. They are not ever going to say, "oh yeah UOC is great, go ahead, we totally support you doing it."

Just know the law, do your research, and exercise your rights. If there is any question about LEO interactions then OC in a group with cameras rolling.

+++++great reply!

demnogis

Mamma Jude, I can tell you exactly how they would respond. My only regret was that my experience with them wasn't post-McDonald. Just remember to have a friendly witness and keep your recorder running, preferably in a spot on you where they can't notice it or get to it.

I UOC when I'm walking my dogs, granted it's not much more than a trip around the block, but I do it. I am very apprehensive of a LEO encounter because I don't have the money for a lawyer, so I don't UOC as much as I'd like.

I've thought about approaching Costa Mesa PD and asking them their stance on UOC, but I don't want to be harrassed.

I'd love to do a group UOC down here.