• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Always wear your eye protection (PIC)

sempercarry

Sgt.Dale, a Marine in my platoon, shows his Oakley ballistic M-Frames that saved his eye when an IED, detonated nearby, sent a small piece of shrapnel into his glasses and down his cheek. He is left with a 1 inch deep cut on his face but is otherwise uninjured. All other Marines in the patrol were unscathed.....Morale of the story? Always wear your eye pro!!

Attachments

• dale1.jpg
    dale1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 311

oldkim

Purple Heart...

That's an easy Purple Heart... and a good lesson to pass on.

He qualifies... for sure. "Easy" in the sense it didn't cost him more.

Thanks for the lesson and more importantly... for your service!

amlevin

For most of us who will never see a combat zone (or again for some) that eye protection is just as important.

Most of us will wear it when shooting but what about the rest of the time.

I can remember just walking on a city street, an arterial where the speed limit was 45 mph, and got smacked in the face with a piece of gravel.

It can happen anywhere so definitely, wear the eye protection, even when you don't think there's any risk.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Cool Tool. Wish my troops had them years ago. Almost any kind of training, let alone Combat will give you FOD to the eyes. Very vulnurable part of the body and it needs protection. Glad it saved your Eye mate.

Wolfebane

That's an easy Purple Heart... and a good lesson to pass on.

He qualifies... for sure. "Easy" in the sense it didn't cost him more.

Thanks for the lesson and more importantly... for your service!

No, easy would be Maj. Frank Burns and his "shell fragment" injury of the egg kind at the 4077th :p

.45ACPaddy

Now how many here are old enough to remember that? Sadly I am but just barely. :lol:

I may only be 22 years of age, but I grew up on M*A*S*H, watching it with my grandfather. I have seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, and plan on obtaining more. I love that show!

Back to the topic at hand...

That guy is a trooper for smiling for the camera with sutures in his face. Purple heart material for absolute sure.