• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Canada conficating semi- auto rifles.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Confiscation follows registration. Registered AK-47 look-alikes being confiscated!

This should end the debate on the purpose of registration in the United States of America.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/01/12/bureaucrats-gunning-for-rifle-owners

Brian Lilley said:
When Bill C-68, the gun registry bill, was being debated, opponents said registration of firearms would lead to their eventual confiscation.

Now that is happening.

Just before Christmas, owners of certain firearms were informed by letter that their rifles had been reclassified as prohibited weapons in Canada and they must be turned over to police officials.

Excerpt ... see link above

KBCraig

CA = Canada and CA = California.

History repeats. California did the exact same thing: registration with promises of no confiscation, then started confiscating. At least Californians got a warning and a chance to sell their rifles out of state.

Canada does have one advantage of California here, though: Canadians largely refused to register, and some provincial governments open revolted against the law and dared Ottawa to do anything about it. Eventually .CA gave up and scrapped the whole registry program.

SovereignAxe

I'm just glad that this sort of thing would not stand in this country. I would like to think that if it came to this we'd finally start seeing some mass protests-something a little better organized than OWS.

markush

I'm just glad that this sort of thing would not stand in this country. I would like to think that if it came to this we'd finally start seeing some mass protests-something a little better organized than OWS.

You always have a few people that say "from my cold dead hands", and there may be a few that go down like that, a very few. But, in reality if they started showing up at our doors tomorrow, confiscating guns, the vast majority of people would do nothing but hand them over only to bitch about it after...to no avail. I wish I could believe different but my head is not stuck up my butt.

Perchance someone does not recall Katrina?

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

Sent using tapatalk

Last edited:

georg jetson

markush

oh I remember it. still don't understand it.

The vast majority of people are followers...if their brother, sister, neighbors aren't causing a ruckus they better not eaither...people might think bad of them!

Last edited:

John Canuck

Any Canadians that were smart, refrained from registering their guns... at least that's what I heard. :uhoh:

Metalhead47

You always have a few people that say "from my cold dead hands", and there may be a few that go down like that, a very few. But, in reality if they started showing up at our doors tomorrow, confiscating guns, the vast majority of people would do nothing but hand them over only to bitch about it after...to no avail. I wish I could believe different but my head is not stuck up my butt.

There are something like 80 million gun owners in the US. If only 10% truly said from my cold dead hands, that's an army 8 million strong. No nation in the world can match that. Those 8 million would also tend to be the best equipped, best trained, and most experienced. Recent history has demonstrated just how effective such a force can be with the proper motivation....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kirbinator

Kinda like how whites went door to door collecting guns from blacks in Mississippi after the civil war under the guise of being United States Army troops, then categorically denied rights to black because they "were unable to bear arms" and were therefore not entitled to the rights of being a citizen and an equal man?

Last edited: