• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many have you seen?

Hrcnsfan

I'm a regular around the 40/42 are in South Garner and up to White Oak and don't see anyone else open carrying...and I've tried to be more observant since I began doing so myself last year. I live down Cleveland Rd (1010) and manage a business near Hwy 42 so I visit several of the stores/banks/gas stations around that area.
I'll keep looking for you, though!

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I don't see as many as I used to before the privilege card. And I believe as OC is moved to the p card there will be even less. Think about it, people pay $150 and up for a concealed carry card most of them are going to feel cheated if they don't conceal. IMO our esteemed state lobbyist is doing his best to eliminate OC. Bills like the restaurant bill will lead to other bills tying OC to the P card, if we don't stomp our feet.

jsj_297

I havent seen any here where Im at, but Ive only been here <6 months right now. Im interested in OC, but hesitant, because I just dont want to have issues with liberals big mouths. Honestly, Im kinda nervous to OC for the first time, Ive cch for years, when I still had my permit.

bc.cruiser

Saw three this morning at WalMart. Oh, wait, I was going by the fitting room mirrors.:lol:

Really, I see three or four a week at the Food Lion and at the WalMart. I see others at Lowe's (not the grocery).
More often, I have some older fellow come up and thank me for carrying.

TDFbound

I live in Asheville. I have never seen another soul carry a firearm besides law enforcement. However, they typically act like they don't see me, so it's very boring to carry around here.

WalkingWolf

Saw three this morning at WalMart. Oh, wait, I was going by the fitting room mirrors.:lol:

Really, I see three or four a week at the Food Lion and at the WalMart. I see others at Lowe's (not the grocery).
More often, I have some older fellow come up and thank me for carrying.

A few weeks back I saw two LAC as I was exiting the Spring Lake Walmart. Both entering in separate doors so they were not together. Including me that made three LAC within the same time frame.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
OC is still the law of the land, but many more folks are getting their CHP because of a lack of information. This, I believe, is a direct result of the influx of immigrants from the North East territory. I have seen a couple of OC individuals, but it is usually in the obvious places: gun club, gun store, Wal-Mart.

carolina guy

couple guys in the local Concord Walmart (one a couple weeks ago and the other about 2 months before that)...I am sure there are more, but as we do not shop there anymore, it is hard to tell. ;)

chiefjason

My wife has seen 3-4 in the last couple years. I saw my first OC'er today at Food Lion in Hildebran. I started to get in line behind them, but picked the another line. Then noticed he was OC'ing. I would have probably talked to him but we did not cross paths on the way out.

bc.cruiser

Saw a guy carried left-sided at the Spring Lake WM yesterday. Made 2 of us, anyway. I had stopped on my way home from Range 37, dreaming that WM had a fresh supply of ammo. Nope.