• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Take a look at this!!! Writer Heidi Yewman packs a gatt as news fodder

FreeInAZ

She is in my hometown of Vancouver Washington.

Poor you! My wife has been following her facebook rants. This woman is a bat crap crazy IMHO. She walks up on a cop armed with her empty pistol - during his traffic stop to ask him to clear/safety check her pistol??? That or she's trying her very best to shed a poor light on those of us who carry daily, safely...which then makes her a ...well it rhymes with snot...

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Poor you! My wife has been following her facebook rants. This woman is a bat crap crazy IMHO. She walks up on a cop armed with her empty pistol - during his traffic stop to ask him to clear/safety check her pistol??? That or she's trying her very best to shed a poor light on those of us who carry daily, safely...which the makes her a ...well it rhymes with snot...

Of course she's trying to make us look bad.

But I really have no problem with her walking up to a cop as long as it was properly holstered. Why should that matter.....the rest of her idiotic and I believed preplanned act was just plain stupid. (including this preplanned move to have a cop help her)

She is trying to show how "easy" it is, she apparently doesn't trust a government who trusts her even though it made her go through the back ground checks and find out she isn't a mental whacko, or a felon....:rolleyes:, she ignores how "easy" every so many other dangerous objects in life are to get. Cars, knives, chemicals, baseball bats, rope, hell we were born with fists, feet and teeth.

Last edited:

Schlepnier

I'm kind of surprised nobody pointed out the fact that not everybody needs a training course by that age. I started learning how to use a gun when my father trained me as a child, with 30 years of firearms handling under my belt I don't think I need to be forced to take a noobie training course.

Freedom1Man

My comments are still being moderated....

I responded to one by saying that I would sell her a law mower with out asking her if she knew how to use it too.
If asked how to use it I would give her instructions on how to use it.

The antis posting there are so, STUPID as FFFF that I don't know how they can even tied their shoes in the morning.

Another comment was about if she didn't like freedom then she should leave my country. There are a few more.

carracer

My comments are still being moderated....

I responded to one by saying that I would sell her a law mower with out asking her if she knew how to use it too.
If asked how to use it I would give her instructions on how to use it.

The antis posting there are so, STUPID as FFFF that I don't know how they can even tied their shoes in the morning.

Another comment was about if she didn't like freedom then she should leave my country. There are a few more.

As are mine. I'm thinking they didn't expect the comments they are receiving and are screening now.

mikeyb

She is really an idiot.

Reading a previous article, entitled "Too Many Victims of Gun Violence are Women," she claims 1,865 women were killed by firearms in 2007. CDC data shows for 2007, homicides by firearm total 18,361. Bravo, Ms. Yewman, for considering 10.1% (approx) being "too many." Chart: http://webappa.cdc.gov/cgi-bin/broker.exe (side note: black women account for 1,286 of those deaths, 164 other, 107 Asian/Islander, 57 Native American. That leaves 251 white/hispanic women)

But then again, she's contributing to a very feminist publication (not inflammatory- look who owns MS.)

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
STILL says my comment is awaiting moderation.
Yes, and I see that my comment has never made it, despite a more recent (weak) comment being included.

Her agenda extends to censorship of viewpoints and information that disturb her worldview.

Here's my still unpublished comment:

The author says that “I have four rules” regarding her firearm/purchase/carry, one of which is that she “be prepared to use it for protecting myself at home or in public.”

I submit to the author and to the public reading this that since she “freaked” upon seeing that a magazine was in the gun, SHE VIOLATED ONE OF HER OWN RULES. One can hardly be prepared to defend oneself without first knowing a) how to *safely* determine if it’s loaded or not, b) load it – SAFELY, and c) *safely* clear a malfunction if it occurs. Of course, there are a few more necessities in order to meet the final rule of the author, but bottom line…

How do you defend oneself with an object you’re committed to be ignorant about?

Put another way – you can’t get so easily to the part of life about defending yourself if you’re unable to deal with nothing more than finding a magazine inside your newly purchased gun, or if you or someone else has been injured by your determined ignorance.

Maybe the author or one of her sycophants can explain the flaw in my reasoning.

carracer

It appears that further comments have been screened out. She has not posted week 2 yet so I am guessing there will not be a continuation of the series. Reason: Too many pro carry comments.

tombrewster421

It appears that further comments have been screened out. She has not posted week 2 yet so I am guessing there will not be a continuation of the series. Reason: Too many pro carry comments.

Or she got herself shot.

More likely gave up though.

HeroHog

She's letting through positive tripe and keeping posts like mine locked up "awaiting moderation"... :p

Last edited:

carracer

the last comment in the Ms Blog: "We have not “bowed to the altar of guns.” Ms. Yewman’s follow-up articles will be published in the Huffington Post."