• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crims posing as police - who was it that was looking for these cases?

davidmcbeth

Banned
A suspect knocked at the front door of the home and told the woman who answered they were police officers who needed to search it, Madof said.

At least one suspect had a police patch embroidered on his shirt. A suspect ordered the woman to wait in a rear bedroom, Madof said.

“She thought they were officers and she was doing what she was told,” Madof said.

If she only had previously filed a notice of trespass then her radar would have been better attuned. And if she had a gun in here kitchen, she could have played along, got the gun and started shooting. "You want some coffee? I'll make some for you and your fellow heroes..(open place with gun) etc".

Phoenix David

A suspect knocked at the front door of the home and told the woman who answered they were police officers who needed to search it, Madof said.

At least one suspect had a police patch embroidered on his shirt. A suspect ordered the woman to wait in a rear bedroom, Madof said.

“She thought they were officers and she was doing what she was told,” Madof said.

If she only had previously filed a notice of trespass then her radar would have been better attuned. And if she had a gun in here kitchen, she could have played along, got the gun and started shooting. "You want some coffee? I'll make some for you and your fellow heroes..(open place with gun) etc".

Or better yet never open your door to the police as they will kill your pets and probably grenade your children and then rob their corpses.

waskel

Why did she not ask for the warrant? Did she "just comply" with their "requests"?

The article doesn't say she was particularly intelligent.

"The woman described one suspect as a man between 20 and 30 years old." Thanks, ma'am. That certainly narrows it down...

OC for ME

Who is claiming that they were not cops. Do we have evidence that confirms that they were not cops? Or, is it only the cops claiming that the intruders were not cops.

stealthyeliminator

Who is claiming that they were not cops. Do we have evidence that confirms that they were not cops? Or, is it only the cops claiming that the intruders were not cops.

Good point. I suppose since they haven't been identified, it's possible that some or all of them are police officers.

OC for ME

Good point. I suppose since they haven't been identified, it's possible that some or all of them are police officers.
Folks instinctively, reflexively, believe that these crimes could not possibly be perpetrated by cops. Hell, we can't even get cops who kill innocent citizens held to account. Why, because cops are permitted to investigate themselves.