• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Actors who are antis - I won't watch their movies !

stealthyeliminator

lol. Good luck. Might as well just stop watching movies.

Edit: Don't mean to be negative, just... I don't see how you could possibly do this... There are so many actors in movies... Or maybe you just mean the stars of the movies? But what about other key players in production, what if it's directed by an anti-gun director? Or produced with a production company that has primarily anti-gun shareholders? Etc. etc. I can't imagine doing that much research every time I want to watch a silly movie...

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

I find the idea of idea of elevating actors to such an important status as to change my life based on their political/social views ridiculous.
The masses may treat them as gods but I cannot abide it. I don't give two squirts what any of them think and certainly won't be altering what I choose for entertainment based on it.

HPmatt

how about actors who make shootem-up movies and then deplore guns in society

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

I don't worry about the cashiers views at Food Lion. Should I stop shopping there because she might be anti gun?

Actors should just do their job, they are not box office hits because of their political views. People should stop giving them credibility for anything other than acting.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
There are some actors who have been so public, vocal and IMO outrageous in their politicals that I cannot separate a character they play from what they said. They've essentially been type cast in my mind to the point that I can't buy into any character they play. Obviously I don't watch their movies. Others I choose not to pay to see their movies as I don't want to fund their positions through buying their product.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't worry about the cashiers views at Food Lion. Should I stop shopping there because she might be anti gun?

Actors should just do their job, they are not box office hits because of their political views. People should stop giving them credibility for anything other than acting.

Your Food Lion cashier? Is he/she an actor? If not, start your own thread. This one is specific of actors.

WalkingWolf

Your Food Lion cashier? Is he/she an actor? If not, start your own thread. This one is specific of actors.

Gee that time of the month?

The point is that their job has nothing to do with their political opinion. If you can't see that it is not my problem. If you don't like the post report it.

davidmcbeth

Banned
And I don't have to~~see that little triangle in the lower left corner? You do know what it is for don't you?

That triangle does not do anything ... haven't you heard? Its like the "walk" button on electric poles at intersections.

Also, hardly reportable ... if you are willing to watch major actors' movies who hate the 2nd amendment, that's up to you. I won't. Many others will not either ~ just trying to get information out. What's the objection to that? You may also click the small triangle. click click clicky all you wanty.

WalkingWolf

That triangle does not do anything ... haven't you heard? Its like the "walk" button on electric poles at intersections.

Also, hardly reportable ... if you are willing to watch major actors' movies who hate the 2nd amendment, that's up to you. I won't. Many others will not either ~ just trying to get information out. What's the objection to that? You may also click the small triangle. click click clicky all you wanty.

You are free to do what you wish, as the rest of us. If you don't like my posts you have two choices, report and complain, or just "bugger off".

SovereignAxe

yeah, if you're going to avoid all actors that don't support the 2nd Amendment that's going to leave you with about 5 actors to watch. Brad Pitt and Bruce Willis are the only two I can think off off the top of my head.

And even then they're all going to be in movies with actors that don't support our rights. So like Wolf said, you have to separate their personal views from their work.