• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I have seen the light, Republicans ARE EVIL...

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I am intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

http://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis.asp
About Imprimis
Imprimis is the free monthly speech digest of Hillsdale College and is dedicated to educating citizens and promoting civil and religious liberty by covering cultural, economic, political and educational issues of enduring significance. The content of Imprimis is drawn from speeches delivered to Hillsdale College-hosted events, both on-campus and off-campus. First published in 1972, Imprimis is one of the most widely circulated opinion publications in the nation with over two million subscribers.
http://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/archive/sendtofriend.asp

Stanley

In this case "being robbed of one's virtue" is an polite euphemism, used to avoid the phrase "having a penis forcefully introduced to and penetrating the vagina of a woman, often referred to as rape." See definition 3, here

Were you really unaware of that use of the phrase until now????

That's an old phrase. I doubt most young people have heard it.

GhostOfJefferson

Rod Paul kisses lieberaltarian patootie. If you had attended to the Hillsdale College Constitution 101 lecture series - about week 4 - then you would know what separates them from the principles of the Founding Fathers.

http://constitution.hillsdale.edu/

I am a conservative, a paleo-conservative, a neo-Confederate and in no way libertarian progressive.

I've often found it interesting that the Right seems to think that because libertarianism contains some beliefs that are not "on the Right", that makes them liberal sympathizers or somehow unworthy of consideration. Of course, I'm also amused when the Left gets their panties in a wad because we don't cotton to their entire belief system either. Truth is, both the left and the right swipe what the like from libertarianism in order to sound good at election time, but disregard us once elected.

Most libertarians (not all, most) are strict Constitutionalists. Studying the Constitution, as you suggests, only leads people further into libertarianism. ;)

There is nothing "liberal" or "progressive" in the modern sense about Ron Paul, he's pretty mainstream libertarian (in fact, he's brown paper bag boring libertarian, barely radical at all in our circles). Most of us, you see, have *never* supported interventionalism nor undeclared, unconstitutional wars of aggression, and I recall long tracts explaining why foreign aid was wrong from back at least into the 1980's. Weird, huh?

carsontech

Activist Member

I've started doing the free courses with Hilllsdale College a week ago. I'm not too far in, but I was skipping around a bit, as well, to get an idea of how the information is presented.

I find the professors of the school to lean much more federalist, as opposed to anti-federalist. Also, they seem to take pride in the fact that most of their students fought for the Union during the Civil War.

From watching, it seems the professors "get off" when talking about the federalist papers, and they seem to only mention, briefly, that the anti-federalist papers even exist. Maybe it's just my inner Jefferson coming out. Maybe I'm just bias because I think the Constitution was hurt by the Federalists. The government can interpret the Constitution/Bill of Rights almost anyway they want, there's a big fail.

I'll keep chugging on these courses when I get more time, they're easy to follow, at least. This courses are interesting, regardless of my views, thanks letting us know about them.

Last edited:

OC for ME

I desire a mandate that only South Carolina BBQ style sauce be made available. If you do not like SC style BBQ sauce, the sanction is a bland plate of pulled pork....a fate worse than death in my view.

Though, you have a point, mandates without sanctions for non-compliance are not anti-liberty. If the state does nothing due to non-compliance the state can not deny liberty.

Beretta92FSLady

I desire a mandate that only South Carolina BBQ style sauce be made available. If you do not like SC style BBQ sauce, the sanction is a bland plate of pulled pork....a fate worse than death in my view.

Though, you have a point, mandates without sanctions for non-compliance are not anti-liberty. If the state does nothing due to non-compliance the state can not deny liberty.

I like Kansas city BBQ. I have never tasted South Carolina BBQ.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
In regards too people who repeat the "two sides, same coin" mantra in whichever way, there is truth to it. However what the republican party is SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT, more closely reflects the principles I find important. Ron Paul is a republican for that reason.

It's up too us to stay on their asses and make sure they're properly representing us. It's hard enough though to keep track of local political hacks, let alone what federal reps are doing, but "freedom isn't free". It's up too us to pay attention and force the party to stay on the right track, instead of slipping into the corrupting influence of the ruling class establishment. Throwing up your hands and giving up, or joining a team that isn't even in the game is what the ruling class want you too do. Don't give those a$$holes the satisfaction.

ManInBlack

And if I do huff aerosol? We all have a vice.

To each his own.

I am simply trying to use Occam's Razor to figure out why a person who hates the idea of individual liberties posts on a forum dedicated to the same, why you seem to be utterly incapable of realizing the contradictions contained in nearly all of your posts, and why you fail to recognize the actions of your beloved government as force, regardless of how obviously and heinously it utilizes compulsion.

"Government is not reason. It is not eloquence. Government is force; like fire it is a dangerous servant -- and a fearful master.” - George Washington

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
attachment.php

LOL! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahahahaha! Haaaaaaaaaahahahahaha!!

Oh man. That's a real knee-slapper.

Three phrases for you:

• Protectionism

• Asset forfeiture

• Prohibition

Attachments

• lies.jpg
    lies.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

To each his own.

I am simply trying to use Occam's Razor to figure out why a person who hates the idea of individual liberties posts on a forum dedicated to the same, why you seem to be utterly incapable of realizing the contradictions contained in nearly all of your posts, and why you fail to recognize the actions of your beloved government as force, regardless of how obviously and heinously it utilizes compulsion.

"Government is not reason. It is not eloquence. Government is force; like fire it is a dangerous servant -- and a fearful master.” - George Washington

I have acknowledged that sufficient Government, relatively, is an absolute force.

I agree with George Washington.

It is interesting that you bring up Ockham. Basically, Ockham concedes that human perception is limited, therefore hidden from Truth, so what we get is a version of Truth, meaning; a truth. The quote is extremely Practical.

Let's look at the quote: "simpler explanations are, other things being equal, generally better than more complex ones"

So, we must accept the premise that all 'things' are equal. But Ockham merely asserts that the simpler explanation is 'better' than a complex one. You have two conclusions that are equal but the means to the conclusion are not; one is quite lengthy, and the other is much simpler, it is 'better' to accept the simpler explanation. I agree, that is, if the conclusions are at least observably equal.

The quote, which was actually not originated from Ockham is problamatic. We must also consider "generally." Ockham has asserted a number of things and is still forced to concede that it is "generally" the case. How is that for definitive?

You, just as every other person, exists in shades in-between black, and white but never black nor white.

There are a number of explanations why I post on this forum. I could be huffing aerosol, and am merely lost. I could be here to drive you insane. Or, I could be in support of the Second Amendment but also have an opinion about the politics of America, and reality that does not always mesh well with my support for the Second Amendment. Just a few examples.

Last edited:

ManInBlack

I have acknowledged that sufficient Government, relatively, is an absolute force.

When it is something that gives you a benefit or service for free, at the expense of others, you seem to prefer to call it a mandate. We have seen this time and time again. Please don't continue your blatant intellectual dishonesty.

I agree with George Washington.

Please don't insult his memory. You have more in common with Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin: you seek to use the unfettered power of the Almighty state to take what others have earned and redistribute it to ne'er-do-wells such as yourself.

ManInBlack

Or, I could be in support of the Second Amendment but also have an opinion about the politics of America, and reality that does not always mesh well with my support for the Second Amendment.

You are a confused individual, and until and unless you figure out that the right of armed self-defense comes as a package with other individual rights and liberties that need to be respected by a limited government, you cannot be an ally in this fight.