• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet our families

damienrr

Was thinking maybe Fort Williams or Two Lights state park for the next gathering. They have charcoal grills. Up to you guys but would be a good place to bring our families.

Last edited:

crdonov

state parks are no carry zones... are both of those places parks? if not where are they?

i dont think fort willaims is a state park. they dont charge to get in. state parks in maine do charge. fort willaims i in cape elizabeth maine. right on the ocean. its in a yuppy part of town. ill drive fort willaims tommorrow to see if it is a state park . 90 percent its not!

damienrr

Fort Williams is not a State Park. It's also known as Portland Head Light. Not as many grill but it is a great place to go! There is a large area on top of a hill with a lot of picnic tables. Very popular in the area for their walking trails and it's history. I thought only Arcadia was a no carry zone?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Fort Williams

At a special town meeting on June 29, 1964, the residents of Cape Elizabeth voted to buy Fort Williams. Their offer of $200,000 was accepted and on December 1, 1964, the Town of Cape Elizabeth acquired Fort Williams.

........... the Town Council designated Fort Williams on July 23, 1979, as "Fort Williams Park." Since that time, Fort Williams Park has been host to many picnics, concerts and other events and has been enjoyed by countless thousands of visitors and Cape Elizabeth residents alike.
http://www.capeelizabeth.com/fort/history.html

To reserve the picnic shelter or other areas of the park for group gatherings, please call Community Services, 207-799-2868.
http://www.capeelizabeth.com/tFort.html

Not promoting, just saying.

Maine CWP Training

NO CARRY ZONE- 16 SQUARE MILES IN AUGUSTA IN STRUCTURES OWNED, LEASED OR RENTED BY THE STATE OF MAINE (CAPITOL PREMISES) RULE GO TO BUREAU OF CAPITOL SECURITY; Ch.41 F

No person, except a police officer on duty, shall carry firearms, dangerous weapons, explosives, incendiary devices, or implements which by their nature are capable of being used to destroy or injure a person or property in the Capitol Area.

Maine CWP Training

16-219 DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY

I'D CALL BUREAU OF CAPITOL SECURITY TO BE SURE

CHAPTER 41 Capitol Area Security Rules

1. Definitions

The following words and phrases, when used in these regulations, shall have the following meanings, unless a different meaning is plainly required by the context:

A. "Capitol Area" when used in these regulations shall mean the land, building, personal property and facilities owned, leased, occupied, used or possessed by the State in or at:

(1) The Capitol Area described in I M.R.S.A., Section 814, and

(2) The District Court Building on State Street, and

(3) The State Police Barracks and Garage on Hospital Street, and

(4) Blaine House Complex, and

(5) Blaine Memorial, and

(6) The Augusta Mental Health Institute Complex, and

(7) ANY OTHER STATE CONTROLLED LOCATIONS, WHETHER ITS OWNED, LEASED, OR JUST USED BY THE STATE WITHIN THE CITY LIMITS OF AUGUSTA, MAINE.

jonjon_jon

Downtown Augusta on both sides of the river there are parks. There is also a park downtown augusta at the old Bates Mill site. People could also enjoy fort western tour right next to park, I've done it very interesting. The Maine State Museum is right up the road and only dollar or two. Yes I know you have to take the gun off, but get over it. Lots of us drive 2/3 hours to attend a event. It could be family event bring wifes, kids, friends and make day of it.

PS. would have to check on fort western I believe it's city.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Downtown Augusta on both sides of the river there are parks. There is also a park downtown augusta at the old Bates Mill site. People could also enjoy fort western tour right next to park, I've done it very interesting. The Maine State Museum is right up the road and only dollar or two. Yes I know you have to take the gun off, but get over it. Lots of us drive 2/3 hours to attend a event. It could be family event bring wifes, kids, friends and make day of it.

PS. would have to check on fort western I believe it's city.

Wouldn't that be counter productive? How does one express the right to self-protection by disarming and leaving those tools unprotected where - in vehicles?

damienrr

Wouldn't that be counter productive? How does one express the right to self-protection by disarming and leaving those tools unprotected where - in vehicles?

Exactly, I still believe Fort Williams park in Cape Elizabeth would be the perfect setting for a meet and greet with our families, and maybe a cookout. Makes for a good backdrop for group photos and it is a well visited park, giving us ample opportunity to interact with the public. Guaranteed to get medias attention as well. And we can remain armed. There are walking trails, old buildings/bunkers to walk through, play grounds for the kids, famous light house (perfect photo op), plenty of parking, ocean views, ext. We should consider it while the weather is still good. Its also a safe environment for children.

Last edited:

ep0k

Empty holsters. Send a message ("My holster is empty because I have been disarmed by my state government") and start a conversation in the process.

jonjon_jon

I would like to suggest to all that if this movement is to grow events need to be in different areas. New people new faces. We will get new people that won't travel and also the ones that now do are going to get sick and tired of being to only group that that has to drive 100/200 miles every event. A Bangor or Augusta OC event would show this is state wide movement and be fair to other OC.

Last edited:

damienrr

I would like to suggest to all that if this movement is to grow events need to be in different areas. New people new faces. We will get new people that won't travel and also the ones that now do are going to get sick and tired of being to only group that that has to drive 100/200 miles every event. A Bangor or Augusta OC event would show this is state wide movement and be fair to other OC.

Arcadia to Sanford is geographically half the state. Where do you suggest we oc, your backyard?

crdonov

well i drove to arcadia and back to my home in s. portland in one day. it was 386 miles. have you heard me once bitching and moaning about driving. ill just about go any where for moca! saw all kinds of new faces in sanford.apparently i didnt see your.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not all participants will share the same level of dedication nor have the financial freedom and /or time to donate to the effort that others may have.

All should be embraced equally IMHO - your strength will come not only from the dedicated, but from the shear volume of your numbers - as you grow, so will your "muscle."

Accommodation and spreading the activities can have benefits. Pay attention to and address the "hot spots" as required. Lots of things to consider - no easy answer.

See a lot to be proud of in you guys and gals.