• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thinking about picking up a Springfield?

BROKENSPROKET

Why didn't you like the LCP?

I could shoot my XD45 all day, 500 rounds plus. It seems perfectly balanced. But the LCP snapped like is was jumping right out of my hand. I could feel a slight pain sensation in my wrist. Now, I really want to try the Ruger LC9 and the Taurus PT709 Slim to see if the feel the same.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Originally Posted by davegran] Why didn't you like the LCP?
The Ruger LCP, like its Kel-Tek counterpart, is very light and the hand absorbs the energy of every round fired. For some people, this is very uncomfortable. On top of that, many men have larger hands and have trouble being accurate with these small firearms.
Thanks, but I was specifically asking brokenspocket about the LCP because he had some hands-on experience with it. Have you?

BROKENSPROKET

Thanks, but I was specifically asking brokenspocket about the LCP because he had some hands-on experience with it. Have you?

I know you asked me, but I am sure Jim has experience with an LCP because he described it well. I KNEW I didn't like it, and his explaination help me understand why. I just knew that it felt like it was going to jump our my hand and that it hurt alittle after ony 6 rounds. Now that he explained, i know that because the LCP has such little mass that the hand takes the force of each round.

If I can get my pinkie onthe longer mag of the LC9, I want to shoot that one.

Last edited:

sheller

Yes Dave, I have - as well as the Kel-tec P-32 (my BUG).

Years ago I bought a first gen P32 hard chrome and added Wolff recoil springs and the mag extenders. Kind of laughable but I sometimes OC it. I point shoot it and love the little fart knocker. To keep things on track I normally carry a Springfield XD40.

wiscollector

Banned
the wife shoots the 9mm 3.8 xdm

I shoot the xdm 3.8 .40

we have 3000 rounds between both pistols.

NOT 1 failure EVER! and we used all sorts of ammo brands but mostly walmart win 100rnd value packs.

great pistols and 100% failure free so far. No FTF, FTE and no FTFire!

As far as GOV tests. It was the ATF trials and springfield was not tested. So it was not beat out by anything but I am not sure as to why it was not in the trials.

Last edited: