• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop's gun fires twice inside New York mall's bathroom

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Oh, I have so got to hear the rest of this story.

I can't see a crook reaching over a stall door to grab a jacket unless he knew it was there. Maybe followed the cop or something and just guessed he would hang the jacket on the stall door hook?

But, lets say the crook guessed that. I can see a crook who knew the jacket was there grabbing and tugging at it, until it went bang the first time. But, who tugs again after the first bang? !?!?!

This I gotta hear.

:)

shastadude17

I can't see a crook reaching over a stall door to grab a jacket unless he knew it was there. Maybe followed the cop or something and just guessed he would hang the jacket on the stall door hook?

It's December in upstate New York...I'm a Florida boy born and raised, and I'd bet my bottom dollar that someone droppin a deuce in a stall in a public bathroom has a coat on the coat hanger on the stall door...and they are going to have a serious hygienic and moral dilemma when deciding to give chase or not :lol:

But yeah I'd love to hear how this gun magically went off by itself.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
yeah, guns don't do this ... cop should have thought of a better STORY

Officials say someone reached over the door and tried to grab his jacket, with the gun inside. Police say the gun fired twice, with both bullets hitting the ceiling. No one was injured.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/2...-inside-new-york-mall-bathroom/#ixzz2GS7oYPqb

In a crapper eh? Isn't all NYC a huge crapper? That's right ... I said it .. NYC stinks

The NYPD will do nothing about this guy ... likely give him a medal for being creative !

ps1mhd

I think he saw an evil hand puppet coming over the top, got scared and pulled off a couple of rounds:p
You got to be careful of hands coming into your stall in NY:banana:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Wow!!! Wish I could train mine to spew a couple of rounds when someone tries to steal it. Must have taken this cop a long time.

That gun was pathetic, though. Any self-respecting, properly trained gun would at least shoot the thief in the hand. :)

WalkingWolf

I am guessing that the mysterious coat grabber was not caught, and there is nothing to back up the officers story. If his supervisors buy that story I have some bridges for sale here in NC.

Superlite27

Oh, I have so got to hear the rest of this story.

But, lets say the crook guessed that. I can see a crook who knew the jacket was there grabbing and tugging at it, until it went bang the first time. But, who tugs again after the first bang? !?!?!

This I gotta hear.

I don't even see how a tug will make a gun fire from a coat pocket (twice).

Unless the officer had one of those automatic trigger pullers in his coat pocket along with the firearm.

They do make automatic trigger pullers that you put in your pocket in order to fire when your coat is tugged on, right?

How else can a gun, inside a pocket fire? (twice)

WalkingWolf

Never play with your gun in a public bathroom, or tap your feet...

My best guess is he hung the pistol on the coat hook and put the coat over it. When he went to retrieve the coat and gun he pushed the trigger against the hook. It probably fired the second time from recoil. That would explain the holes in the ceiling, a auto hung on a hook or rod will hang with the muzzle pointing up.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Never play with your gun in a public bathroom, or tap your feet...

My best guess is he hung the pistol on the coat hook and put the coat over it. When he went to retrieve the coat and gun he pushed the trigger against the hook. It probably fired the second time from recoil. That would explain the holes in the ceiling, a auto hung on a hook or rod will hang with the muzzle pointing up.

This makes a lot more sense.

I wonder if there is hallway security video that does not show a running jacket thief.

davidmcbeth

Banned
This makes a lot more sense.

I wonder if there is hallway security video that does not show a running jacket thief.

He musta got out through a heating duct...crafty devil.

Or the cop is a big fat liar ... and he should go to the toilet on his own time - I think he spends 7 hrs everyday on the can just waiting for his fat pension

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
He musta got out through a heating duct...crafty devil.

Or the cop is a big fat liar ... and he should go to the toilet on his own time - I think he spends 7 hrs everyday on the can just waiting for his fat pension

No fair bashing the cop for being overweight. :p:)

motoxmann

that actually does make a lot of sense