• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congratulations

Fenris

Congratulations.

This is a major step forward. Amazing really. Not the whole enchilada, but amazing none the less. There may yet be hope for Maryland and DC.

Well done.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Congratulations.

This is a major step forward. Amazing really. Not the whole enchilada, but amazing none the less. There may yet be hope for Maryland and DC.

Well done.

This is the maximum they'll ever get .. better off voting 55% against the amended stuff and kill the bill ...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Dave Workman chimes in on the override of the Govenor's veto.

5cb30632f71bb5574a846a7e5dee25e7.jpg

Credits: Justin Sullivan/Getty Images

Anti-gun Gov. Pat Quinn suffered a major defeat Tuesday when the Illinois
General Assembly overrode his concealed carry veto.

Last edited:

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member
What galls me even more is that Judge Posner said "reasonable restrictions" in his December decision. With more hours of "training" than any other state, a "non-refundable fee" (higher than most other states) of $150 ($300 for non-residents) just to apply, NO reciprocity at all, etc., how does this qualify as "reasonable restrictions"??

They read "reasonable restrictions" as "whatever we think an already anti-gun judge that sees the challenge of this law will accept." Cowards, all of them.

jrj_51

I cannot congratulate the people of IL at all. They were handed back a RIGHT and turned around and traded it for a PRIVILEGE! Several gun "rights" groups and lobbyists had everybody running scared as if the infamous "cliff" was more than a metaphor. Rather than taking their rights and pushing for equal freedom in home rule communities, they put everyone in an equally comfortable set of chains. There was no need for the garbage law they have now, but that's what they got. Great job, IL, you got some pretty new carpet on the floor of your cage. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back.

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member
I cannot congratulate the people of IL at all. They were handed back a RIGHT and turned around and traded it for a PRIVILEGE! Several gun "rights" groups and lobbyists had everybody running scared as if the infamous "cliff" was more than a metaphor. Rather than taking their rights and pushing for equal freedom in home rule communities, they put everyone in an equally comfortable set of chains. There was no need for the garbage law they have now, but that's what they got. Great job, IL, you got some pretty new carpet on the floor of your cage. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back.

We can all find the gems of the internet where we least expect them. I love this forum! :cool:

jpm84092

Self Defense For the Rich Only

There "be some truth" in those words. And, the sad part is that the people who may most benefit from the law, the poor, particularly the law abiding poor of Chicago, encounter very expensive training and application fees in order to exercise their God given right of self-defense. So, while the IL law is a step in the right direction, in many ways, it is also a step backward as well. It is kind of like the "may issue" states on the East Coast and Kommiefornia. If you are loaded with cash, you have the right to defend yourself (so you can contribute to the Democratic Party). If you are poor, you have the duty to die, and as Scrooge put it, "decrease the surplus population".

I have heard it said that the definition of a pro-gun Chicago Republican is a former anti-gun Chicago Democrat whose family has been raped and/or mugged.

Yellow Cat Out -