• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry on National kids TV

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Welcome to OCDO.

Rule (14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life.
What long gun?

What is properly holstered? The rule was written back when many states required holstering. Many of those states have done away with holstering. Many women don't holster as such.

belt-holster_640x480.jpg

Is not the above belt holster not a proper holster?????

I think it does.

Plus, It's just a cartoon................

Rusty Young Man

Has that always been there?

Welcome to OCDO adam.czepiel, and greetings from sunny, dry, Arizona.

Let me be the first to ask: has that always been there?
If so, I just found a new reason to watch and disseminate that movie for children of all ages... in the interest of the children, of course.:lol:

Nightmare, I think color of law may have a point, since that revolver looks pretty well secured, in as much as clay can hold a revolver. Lighten up:). This may be the first case I know of where a mainstream film portrays OC in a positive light and without it being the focus or the central problem.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I'm more concerned that that position makes the belt buckle scratch the finish on the barrel.

eye95

I am concerned about where the muzzle is pointed. If the animated character is anatomically correct, he may not be so for long!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Biggest decision of the night :confused: - whether to leave this in General Discussion or move it to the Social Lounge - it is about a cartoon. :lol:

Leaving it here and I like it.

OC for ME

Not technically a cartoon. A cartoon is a form of two-dimensional illustrated visual art. Clay animation or claymation is one of many forms of stop motion animation.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not technically a cartoon. A cartoon is a form of two-dimensional illustrated visual art. Clay animation or claymation is one of many forms of stop motion animation.
Lights. Action (not). Camera. OK, that's a wrap, tomorrow we'll shoot another frame.

The point was it is make believe, pretend - can be educational or not, but doesn't require any intellictual input. Wherther pen & ink, digital, or lumps of clay doesn't mean so much. Just supposed to be entertaining and sell the sponsor's product.

paramedic70002

Just don't go to ToysR'Us and expect to find a similar figurine. He's been disarmed per their door policy. I think their 'guys' must moonlight for TSA.

It's only a matter of time before Spielberg buys the rights to Rudolph and airbrushes the offensive item all away.

Kebler414

What about Yosemite Sam from Loony Toons? Didn't he open carry two revolvers? And not a cartoon, but pistol Pete, the mascot for Oklahoma State Univ. open carrys two fake revolvers am he is on national television all the time. Just an observation

b0neZ

What about Yosemite Sam from Loony Toons? Didn't he open carry two revolvers? And not a cartoon, but pistol Pete, the mascot for Oklahoma State Univ. open carrys two fake revolvers am he is on national television all the time. Just an observation

Don't forget "Dudley Do-Right" the cartoon Mountie! He carried a revolver in a flap holster as well as a rifle.

And we can't forget the venerable Quickdraw McGraw!