• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carriers from the LGBT community to attend PrideFest 2015

RogueReflections

Seattle, WA - During Seattle Pridefest, 2015, a new group is sure to be a hit. Members from the LGBT community plan to attend this year's event while legally and peacefully open carrying firearms. The event is said to be the idea of local LGBT and 2nd Amendment advocate Dillon White (AKA: Sparkles) The plan is reported to raise awareness to the general public that the LGBT population has just as much access to the 2nd Amendment and natural rights for self defense as anyone else.
Information on the event plans can be found on Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/738639592924770/

Media is already running with the story: http://seattlegayscene.com/2015/06/...=Feed:+GaySeattleBlogspot+(Seattle+Gay+Scene)

Rogue Reflections

Seriona

If I am not working, I would love to go. I always wanted to go to a pride rally, I have heard they are fun.

utbagpiper

Banned
Homosexuals, other sexual minorities, women, the disabled, and racial minorities can lend a powerful voice in support of RKBA. These minorities tend to be much harder to dismiss than rich, old, white guys.

"Armed gays don't get bashed" is a very powerful statement to make and difficult for even the most liberal of legislators to counter.

The RKBA community would be well served to encourage the various minority individuals within our ranks to take a more prominent role in speaking out.

Charles

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I have attended, OC, in the past many times without any conflict or issues at all.
Here is a pic from the 2011 Pride Parade with SPD in the background.

262007_1411339019992_5269946_n.jpg

()pen(arry

This is excellent news. I've sometimes remarked on how similar the struggles for sexual and gun rights are, even beyond the simple fact that both categories of rights are identically rooted in the inherent right to liberty. Proponents of both are called aberrant, dangerous, and unfit to be around children. Opponents of both seek to deny liberty through bigotry and violence, borne of ignorance and irrational fear. While some might argue that sexual rights are more existential than gun rights, ultimately both underpin the identity and security of the individual.

boundlessdyad

Homosexuals, other sexual minorities, women, the disabled, and racial minorities can lend a powerful voice in support of RKBA. These minorities tend to be much harder to dismiss than rich, old, white guys.

"Armed gays don't get bashed" is a very powerful statement to make and difficult for even the most liberal of legislators to counter.

The RKBA community would be well served to encourage the various minority individuals within our ranks to take a more prominent role in speaking out.

Charles
Agreed. They have had success getting access to rights NOT enumerated in COTUS. We have been unable to gain full access to our God given and COTUS acknowledged 2A rights in places like MD where I live. They could teach us a thing or two about effective advocacy.

This acknowledgment is coming from me a right wing Christian conservative. [emoji6]

RogueReflections

ummm.... what about this?:

http://seattlegayscene.com/2015/06/...=Feed:+GaySeattleBlogspot+(Seattle+Gay+Scene)

Update at 9:51am: Egan Orion, president of PrideFest issued this statement:
Seattle PrideFest is a big proponent of individual freedoms, but we can’t support an open-carry gun rally on the busiest day in Downtown Seattle and the Seattle Center throughout the entire year, where a collision of people, alcohol, and religious protesters bring excitement and tension to our City streets. With the expected Supreme Court decision on same-sex marriage, this will likely be a busier year than most, and will bring out more protesters. Adding an open carry rally to this incendiary mix is irresponsible and detracts from the LGBTQ focus of the day’s events. We are reviewing the matter with Seattle Center and our board of directors, but since we’ve rented the Center for our exclusive use that day (on behalf of the community), know that anybody who open carries at the event will be peacefully asked to leave the festival grounds.

They can peacefully ask me to leave. I am no stranger to being asked to leave a public event. Just as much as they have the right to ask, I have the right - and duty - to stay and enjoy my day like everyone else. I won't be leaving but I may get a fun new video.

RogueReflections

Violent outburst at Pridefest, Seattle

Attached is a video I took at my first Pridefest in Seattle. As you will see, the only "provocateurs" of violence came from unarmed jackasses who were NOT carrying guns. These organizers who have issues with their irrational fear of guns are neglecting the FACTS regarding the event. They have nothing to worry about with peaceful open carriers. I was open carrying while taking this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utyiN7g0TkE

Alpine

This Sequim caselaw is a problem. We need to get it fixed somehow. Maybe get a bill passed through the legislature that says people renting public spaces cannot create rules to discriminate against others or violate state law and couch it in very generic terms so people won't realize it will also cover preemption and guns.

Also, how does one rent public land that has no fences/walls/turnstyles and no visible way to stop the public from walking onto it?

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Official rules of the Space Center, from their own website: http://www.seattlecenter.com/about/rules.aspx

They cant ban guns from HempFest at the center,,, see Chan V. Seattle..
They wont be able to ban guns at GayPride either!

Be polite, Be respectful, Carry Legally in accordance with 9.41...

If they are worried about A$$ HOLES causing trouble at the Center,,,, WELL,,,,
They CAN BAN A$$ HOLES!!!!!

Last edited:

Alpine

From the rules:
Weapons

It is Prohibited to:
Sell, manufacture, purchase, possess or carry any blackjack, sand-club, metal knuckles, switchblade knife, chako sticks, or throwing stars.
Carry concealed or unconcealed on his or her person any dangerous knife unless used as a tool for work by Seattle Center employees or their authorized agents, or carry concealed on his or her person any weapon. Seattle Center employees are subject to the Seattle Center Employees Firearm Policy.
Possess or display a firearm on the campus, unless permitted by applicable law.