• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U.S. Security Clearances

since9

Campaign Veteran
I might have flown members who don't exist of your organization which doesn't exist to destinations which don't exist.

Can I "tell all?" Heck no! Ask me again in 50 years, as per the contract we all signed.

At that time, I may or may not, of my own volition, decide to tell you or tell you not what you or may not want to know at the time.

Until then, I'll do my very best to remain within any and all guidance and restrictians of which I'm aware...

eye95

One who truly honors the confidences bestowed upon him as a result of the level of trust his clearance grants him does not announce, "I know something you don't know."

Griz

Our contract read 75 years. How'd you get off with only 50?

Dreamer

The CIA assets who flew cocaine by the ton into Mena AR in th eearly 1990's all had clearances.

The Halliburton/KBR and Dyncorp contractors who flew kidnapped children from the Balkans to other parts of Europe for use as sex slaves by UN officials and corporate execs had clearances.

It was a security-clearance-holding FBI agent who built the bomb for Emad Salem (and FBI informant inserted into the Ramzi Yousef organization), a fact which came out in the federal investigations.

NYC FBI agents and the NYC DA (who had security clearances) helped
New York City Colombo Mafiosi, Gregory Scarpa, Jr, commit and cover up multiple Mob-related murders in the early 2000's...

"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society."
--John F. Kennedy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpmi7dBet0c

Last edited:

chakragod

I was trained at KCI for a screener posistion a few years back and I don't even think I am supposed to say anything about THAT training from Lockheed Martin.

I would love to get into the CIA after I get through college though as a research scientist...probably some highly interesting work =P

AFPVet

I held a secret level, but so did most of the USAF lol. Heck, even a TS clearance was easy to get once you had your secret... you just had to have a job which required it. Once you held a clearance, it doesn't take much to renew or upgrade it if you wanted to work in the civi sector too :cool:

1245A Defender

well,,,

I might have flown members who don't exist of your organization which doesn't exist to destinations which don't exist.

Can I "tell all?" Heck no! Ask me again in 50 years, as per the contract we all signed.

At that time, I may or may not, of my own volition, decide to tell you or tell you not what you or may not want to know at the time.

Until then, I'll do my very best to remain within any and all guidance and restrictians of which I'm aware...

whats the point of this thread/ post?
are you having a brain fart?
everybodys got a secret,
and everybody knows that!
should we all start treating you special?

One who truly honors the confidences bestowed upon him as a result of the level of trust his clearance grants him does not announce, "I know something you don't know."

im in complete agreement with eye95!
once, i asked eye95 to just shut up!
now im imploring you, to just shut up!!!!
is this thread aimed at demonstrating that you went on to do X+, because you studied Chaucer??

Last edited:

Tomas

I held a secret level, but so did most of the USAF lol. Heck, even a TS clearance was easy to get once you had your secret... you just had to have a job which required it. Once you held a clearance, it doesn't take much to renew or upgrade it if you wanted to work in the civi sector too :cool:

Yeah, 'secret' seemed much universal in the USAF. In my career field (402X0), you had to have a 'secret' clearance to take any training beyond basic electronics, so everyone I worked with was 'secret' or 'top secret' cleared.

I'm amazed at how well the security training stuck - I still won't talk about stuff that was probably declassified 35 years ago. :uhoh:

eye95

Yeah, 'secret' seemed much universal in the USAF. In my career field (402X0), you had to have a 'secret' clearance to take any training beyond basic electronics, so everyone I worked with was 'secret' or 'top secret' cleared.

I'm amazed at how well the security training stuck - I still won't talk about stuff that was probably declassified 35 years ago. :uhoh:

It probably would surprise some how many here hold or have held a clearance and at what levels. They just don't talk about it. But, that's kinda the point!

DCKilla

Keeping secrets, yeah sure, try keeping secrets from the guy you work with. The guy who signs off your work knows what you did, but doesn't know why you did it. You can't explain. Because he wasn't briefed. "Just do it, don't ask, just do." As I'm pulling my hair out of my head.