• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newport News Fall Festival - MWAG

Armed

Yesterday (Saturday Oct. 1st) I volunteered to assist a non-profit organization park cars for the Fall Festival in Newport News City Park. The non-profit leader was given a park service radio to coordinate as necessary during the event. This means we were "privy" to some of the back and forth communications within the park. About mid afternoon we heard that a citizen had called 911 to complain about a man with a handgun strapped to his hip at the festival.

I was just curious if anyone on the this board "owns" this story, and can tell us what happened and how things turned out. I'm guessing since we heard nothing else over the park radio, it was a 'non-event'?

Thanks,

youngck

The MWAG may have been me. I was wearing my Taurus .45 throughout the day on Saturday. I was working at the Newport News Republican City Committee booth near the ranger station, mule ride and food court. I did not get any comments except for those who expressed appreciation for my 2A support. Mostly I was under the impression that few noticed at all. No women or children ran screaming from the booth area. The park rangers were just feet away all day, and at least one police officer picked up literature. More importantly the Republican candidates (Mickey Chohanny 1st Senate Dist.; Tom Harmon 2nd Senate Dist; Mike Watson 93rd House Dist. and David Yancey 94th House Dist.) for the general assembly were all there at one time or another in the booth and all were positive about OC and 2A.