• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Illinois Detectives Booted from Denny's for OC.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I agree, let the officers choose. Maybe what the Captain did was not the best decision, does that mean he is an arrogant elitist? It seems that you are quick to assume the worst in people. Is it because he is a cop?

You tell me.

He's arrogant enough to deny his uniformed troops a place to eat that fits their budget and personal taste. What kind of man thinks he has the authority to do that? Its facially absurd.

And, the elitism shines through from his anger. Again--he didn't complain because his troops were denied their right to self-defense as citizens. Oh, no. He was furious because police officers were denied.

But, its nice to know you minimize it down to a mere "not the best decision."

LESGTINCT

Now you're using strawman arguments. I didn't judge you--you hung the generality out there. I exposed it and refuted it.

Your next strawman is the pathetic attempt to portray my dissatisfactions with your industry as based on a single bad personal experience.

And, there you go again with your own generality that police are held to a higher standard.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa!

The truth hurts.

LESGTINCT

You tell me.

He's arrogant enough to deny his uniformed troops a place to eat that fits their budget and personal taste. What kind of man thinks he has the authority to do that? Its facially absurd.

And, the elitism shines through from his anger. Again--he didn't complain because his troops were denied their right to self-defense as citizens. Oh, no. He was furious because police officers were denied.

But, its nice to know you minimize it down to a mere "not the best decision."

And it's nice to know that you assume the worst in everyone.

PFC HALE

I would offer it but you have already judged me and probably wouldn't accept it.

judged... lol here is a tissue.

99% of "officers" i have not had the pleasure of meeting have been corrupt a-holes hellbent on burning anyone they can and collect as much revenue as possible. and dont ask how i know, you will refute my facts as fake... i have no faith in police and never will.

they are not there to help, they are there to find the guilty.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
And it's nice to know that you assume the worst in everyone.

Evasion. Trying to go off on a tangent. Won't refute my words. Makes a personal attack in order to distract.

You gotta understand, bucko, yours are all cheap forum tactics already known as far back as the ancient Greek rhetoricians. Later, affluent Romans used to send their sons to Greece to study this stuff as part of public speaking.

Nice try, though.

PFC HALE

back on topic, im glad that the owner stood up and did what he did. and for the officers to be mad and such... welcome to the club of being no different or better than average joe open carrier.

isnt it against code of ethics to refuse to go on a call to this establishment just because the cops got butthurt?

LESGTINCT

Evasion. Trying to go off on a tangent. Won't refute my words. Makes a personal attack in order to distract.

You gotta understand, bucko, yours are all cheap forum tactics already known as far back as the ancient Greek rhetoricians. Later, affluent Romans used to send their sons to Greece to study this stuff as part of public speaking.

Nice try, though.

And you use the same tactics so what does that say?

LESGTINCT

judged... lol here is a tissue.

99% of "officers" i have not had the pleasure of meeting have been corrupt a-holes hellbent on burning anyone they can and collect as much revenue as possible. and dont ask how i know, you will refute my facts as fake... i have no faith in police and never will.

they are not there to help, they are there to find the guilty.

Thanks for proving my point.

PFC HALE

Thanks for proving my point.

what was your point? i must have missed it...

if you are offended by my opinion then that tells me you have some things to adjust...

edited: does this pass?

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
back on topic, im glad that the owner stood up and did what he did. and for the officers to be mad and such... welcome to the club of being no different or better than average joe open carrier.

isnt it against code of ethics to refuse to go on a call to this establishment just because the cops got butthurt?

The news article qutoed in post #10 says the cops will still answer calls for service.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
PFC Hale,

Post #34 was over the top. The mods won't tolerate that. Best delete it or the mods will, or maybe lock the thread.

Check your PMs.

LESGTINCT

Nope, disagree. There is a difference. If an OC'er was in the restaurant and a minor disturbance broke out, you, as an OCer can do very little nor are you obligated to, it's not your job. However, an LEO has to maintain the peace and intervene, and make an arrest if necessary, it's our job, not yours. You have no arrest authority, you are not an LEO, therefore you are different. It does not make you less of a citizen, that's not what I mean but there is a difference.

carolina guy

I suppose it begs the question...what's the REAL problem with requesting that police officers leave their sidearms in the car when they are eating? If it is "ok" to ask everyone else to be defenseless, why not the police? After all, this is what the British police do... :)