• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

? on permit application

FORD78

I called dpt of public safety and they tell me that for a non resident that the very lower portion back page of permit which is the firearms safety training section does not have to be filled out to apply. Is this info correct or was i mis informed? Any input appreciated.

JoeSparky

Centurion
I called dpt of public safety and they tell me that for a non resident that the very lower portion back page of permit which is the firearms safety training section does not have to be filled out to apply. Is this info correct or was i mis informed? Any input appreciated.
Instructions that came with the packet I received from Arizona were quite complete and answered most every question on could have, if I remember correctly.

Assuming you have a permit (current or expired) from any state the "in state training" section you are refering too does not need to be completed as you are getting the AZ permit based upon your other permit that "has a testing or training requirement". The example they used on the paperwork was for one with a Utah permit.

FORD78

Instructions that came with the packet I received from Arizona were quite complete and answered most every question on could have, if I remember correctly.

Assuming you have a permit (current or expired) from any state the "in state training" section you are refering too does not need to be completed as you are getting the AZ permit based upon your other permit that "has a testing or training requirement". The example they used on the paperwork was for one with a Utah permit.

I do not have a permit from any other state but the lady on phone still insisted that that portion did not have to be completed. I dont want to mail it in and be denied because it hasnt been completed. Kind of in a pickle on what to do.

JoeSparky

Centurion
I do not have a permit from any other state but the lady on phone still insisted that that portion did not have to be completed. I dont want to mail it in and be denied because it hasnt been completed. Kind of in a pickle on what to do.
What other "options" are included for the "testing or training" requirement... Hunter safety? NRA type courses? I didn't pay close attention to those details as they did not apply to me....