• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When Resistance Becomes Duty

HPmatt

Tuned out in less than a minute when she put on her tinfoil hat and asserted 'a threat from the people in power'……and then 'more and more frequently people are being beaten tasered and shot by police for the most trivial of offenses'

Not into global conspiracy theories between your beat cop and 'the people in power'.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Tuned out in less than a minute when she put on her tinfoil hat and asserted 'a threat from the people in power'……and then 'more and more frequently people are being beaten tasered and shot by police for the most trivial of offenses'

Not into global conspiracy theories between your beat cop and 'the people in power'.

I didn't get that she was trying to persuade a conspiracy. More of a "one is the result of the other" is what I took away from it.

OC for ME

You do not become a "dissident" just because you decide one day to take up this most unusual career. You are thrown into it by your personal sense of responsibility, combined with a complex set of external circumstances. You are cast out of the existing structures and placed in a position of conflict with them. It begins as an attempt to do your work well, and ends with being branded an enemy of society.
.....more like enemy of the state.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
"By any means available" is a dangerous bit of advice.

There are a limited number of circumstances when it applies. There are also some very cogent arguments (as in rational, reasoned explanations, not as in screaming matches) about why we are at this time nowhere near the line in the sand. If you want to look at a good explanation of where the line is, go read the Declaration of Independence. While there is currently a lot wrong with what is happening in this country, it is in no way near that line that was so clearly drawn.

Tell me what you are doing about the current situation, how you are trying to change it, how you want to see it. Just remember that "back in the good old days" it was not so good at all.

stay safe.

sudden valley gunner

You do not become a "dissident" just because you decide one day to take up this most unusual career. You are thrown into it by your personal sense of responsibility, combined with a complex set of external circumstances. You are cast out of the existing structures and placed in a position of conflict with them. It begins as an attempt to do your work well, and ends with being branded an enemy of society.

.....more like enemy of the state.

+1 I want to be just left alone to freely interact with others and to provide for myself. The state is the enemy.

sudden valley gunner

"By any means available" is a dangerous bit of advice.

There are a limited number of circumstances when it applies. There are also some very cogent arguments (as in rational, reasoned explanations, not as in screaming matches) about why we are at this time nowhere near the line in the sand. If you want to look at a good explanation of where the line is, go read the Declaration of Independence. While there is currently a lot wrong with what is happening in this country, it is in no way near that line that was so clearly drawn.

Tell me what you are doing about the current situation, how you are trying to change it, how you want to see it. Just remember that "back in the good old days" it was not so good at all.

stay safe.

Maybe they haven't crossed your line, just like they hadn't crossed the lines for hundreds of thousand of loyalist. Why do you get to decide where that line is?

The government has gone way beyond the list of tyrannies presented to King George.

eye95

meh.

Nothing new here.

Paints cops with a broad brush.

Advocates using "any means necessary."

Yes, we should resist injustices. Becoming an "outlaw"? No.

I will fight injustices that I see when I choose to do so, based on my criteria for choosing. I will do so lawfully. "Any means necessary" will be strictly reserved for a WITCOHE moment, which has not yet arrived, and I hope never will.

I do not respect the message in the video.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I don't know if she is OCDO's Josie.

But, she is definitely our Josie. She is mankind's Josie.

I agree with some of what she said, I also agreed with some of what OCDO Josie said. The difference is the state at which she was in when out of control. This Josie appears to be in control, but says the very same things that OCDO Josie said, just calmer. That is the bad and the good about the internet, we had no idea if she was calmly typing, but in all appearance out of control. Must remember that these small videos only show her in the light she wants to be seen on video.

Why do I care? She is clearly trying to lead, which is OK, unless she is insane. Which could get many people hurt if they follow her advice.

I agree with some of what Eye says, it does paint all police with a broad brush. She does only try to push one option, which is not always the best way to fight tyranny. As far as the time, the time has been long past, and the longer the time is put off the more disastrous the outcome. It is like a pressure cooker where the relief valve has been plugged off. The longer the pressure without a release the more strain on the cooker, so sooner or later the cooker will blow.

I remember as a youngster boiler explosions from rusted boilers and the devastation they caused. Our society is a rusting boiler, and the gov keeps putting on the heat to increase the pressure. Most will feel very comfortable with the state provided heat, until it blows.

The state has achieved most of it's goal. To have as many people dependent on the state that they outweigh those who are not. The view cannot out vote the many, it has to blow to return to liberty.

If things continue, the state WILL take our guns. There is no doubt about that, they just need the right excuse. It is a trend in the world, we are the last island of a piece of liberty. The only support for liberty must come from us, and sooner or later it will have to come in the worst way.

eye95

In many countries, the state could get away with confiscating guns. In the US, that would spark a WITCOHE moment. I firmly believe that we have only the levels of Liberty that we do today because, even it they try to limit the RKBA, they can't quite seem to take it away. It has even been restored somewhat in the past few decades.

A prediction (not a desire): In the not-too-distant future, there will be a governmental gun-grab. That will spark a huge insurrection. That insurrection will result in a revolution. That revolution might restore the Republic. It will more likely result in the installation of a more despotic regime. Decades of struggle will ensue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

WalkingWolf

Only the fringe will fight, and then probably only the fringe of the fringe. The rest of America will gladly hand over their firearms just like they did their healthcare.

Healthcare is a testing ground for the level of resistance that the state would get from the people. If people will not fight to keep control of their healthcare they will not fight to keep their firearms. It is sad that is what our country has come to.

OC for ME

We shall see how the majority fights come the day after election day in 2014. That will set the stage for the fight that comes in November 2016. The restoration of liberty will be accomplished at the ballot box. Some will not vote against Santa, others will. I suspect that the time is near where liberty is forced upon those who are against liberty.

WalkingWolf

While it is impossible to falsify a personal anecdote (or even two), if you are old enough to remember a significant number of significant boiler explosions, then you are too old to remember them.

The ASME boiler code was effective in 1915 and the NBBPVI was founded in 1919 to enforce the code.

When most businesses had boilers they exploded, codes really do not matter unless there is the personnel to enforce them. In the 50's and 60's there were not. Back then almost every school, factory, shop, commercial kitchen, and even some homes had a boiler. Who was enforcing these codes in millions of business?

WalkingWolf

We shall see how the majority fights come the day after election day in 2014. That will set the stage for the fight that comes in November 2016. The restoration of liberty will be accomplished at the ballot box. Some will not vote against Santa, others will. I suspect that the time is near where liberty is forced upon those who are against liberty.
I unfortunately do not see a change in 2014 or 2016, only the gradual slide to tyranny accelerated. Hillary WILL get elected for two terms, just because it will be history, and the PC thing to do. Anarchist will still vote for a candidate with absolutely NO CHANCE of getting elected. And if by some odd chance that Christie is elected he is no better than Hillary. He is a progressive statist bent on servitude of the people.

It will take something major that the federal gov cannot handle to break the cycle. Unfortunately this event will devastate the country, and then the aftermath will buckle it even more. It is a flip of the coin whether the result will be liberty, or worse than what we have already. This may take 10 years, or 100 years, but it will happen. It will be a act of god that the government cannot stop, such as Yellowstone blowing.

OC for ME

Can't argue the logic, based on recent history, of your premise. I hope that you are wrong and that the next two election cycles prove me right.