• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time for School ??

MKEgal

A team from the American Civil Liberties Union will hold a free training session on Thursday about what residents should do when they are pulled over by police.... the 90-minute course entitled “Because of Where I Live” will teach attendees what police officers can and cannot legally do in a traffic stop as well as what the person pulled over should and should not do...
"Because of where I live"????
How about maybe because of how you were driving?
Because how can they tell where you live until they see your driver's license?
And how much do you wanna bet that the 'community center' where they're holding this is posted?

Franky

"Because of where I live"????
How about maybe because of how you were driving?
Because how can they tell where you live until they see your driver's license?
And how much do you wanna bet that the 'community center' where they're holding this is posted?

The article states the free training session was in part created due to alleged racial profiling. Nothing to do with who is toting a gun profiling. Im sure the sponsor will have the event posted. No big deal.

JJC

The article states the free training session was in part created due to alleged racial profiling. Nothing to do with who is toting a gun profiling. Im sure the sponsor will have the event posted. No big deal.

The training doesn't have anything to do with carrying a weapon. It has to do with "Are you here in this country legally".

Franky

The training doesn't have anything to do with carrying a weapon. It has to do with "Are you here in this country legally".

I have to disagree. The article does not mention the alleged profiling of illegal aliens.:) My post said the training session had nothing to do with toting a weapon.

Last edited: