• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

John Boehner's resignation - impact on 2A laws?

solus

one hopes he does not fly the flag of "stepping down for the good of the country" as he leaves the post!!

after watching his complete emotional breakdown during the entire pope event...

ipse

B

Bikenut

When a useful idiot is no longer useful Obama removes them and installs a different useful idiot. Nothing new to see here.....

solus

totally surprized the resigning speaker is lambasting the house members so soon after stating he was stepping down...quite uncharacteristic since he has nothing to gain for going into a tell all mentality.

tho i do feel the honorable, quote: Rep. Cynthia Lummis, R-Wyoming, noted. “We’ll also be looking for a speaker who will elevate and restore Congress’s rightful role as a co-equal branch of our government.” unquote, needs a small civic lesson in the three branches that make up the US Government.
(http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/short-list-replace-house-speaker-john-boehner/story?id=34051045)

as the bard stated in King Henry IV Part I: "Before the game is afoot, thou still let'st slip." it should be an interesting power cycle in the institution.

ipse

the president has anything to say about installation of the speaker of the house ~ perhaps others need to attend civics class w/the WY Rep...