• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Only for the brave!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmcbess

I just got done watchin a vid made by a california open carry advocate in which he phines in a man with a gun call on himself. I thought it was brilliant! I for one am going to do a few of these with one of my buddies making a call.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
While it is always beneficial to educate law enforcement, I do not think this is a good idea. We are always arguing that LEOs should be pursuing real criminals and not wasting their time on law abiding citizens. To then instigate that waste of their time is contrary to our contention that open carry is just about people going about their daily lives while armed.

Just my .02.

John

I just got done watchin a vid made by a california open carry advocate in which he phines in a man with a gun call on himself. I thought it was brilliant! I for one am going to do a few of these with one of my buddies making a call.

Mo

Banned
Please don't. I agree with John.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I think posting it here opens you to filing false police reports and identifies you as a person seeking nothing but attention.

I can not express strongly enough how sorry I am that I promised not to abuse users of this forum as I would dearly love to rip you to shreds.

Intentionally delaying the police when they might have real duties is the act of an ass is all I will state.

kwikrnu

Banned
If you're going to call in why not just picket in front of the police station?

How is it a false police report if the caller states no falsehood?

sohighlyunlikely

my 2 cents

I just got done watching a vid made by a California open carry advocate in which he phones in a man with a gun call on himself. I thought it was brilliant! I for one am going to do a few of these with one of my buddies making a call.

IMHO I would say that idea is bad for the cause. So far I think you have been doing it right. If you just continue on OCing every were you can every day you can. Show that trouble is not your goal. Just keep OCing and if your actions are misunderstood then address those who do not understand your civil rights. Just remember for every moment you OC in the public eye. You are changing the world to an OC tolerant world were human rights and Constitutional freedoms are expressed openly and proud.

Doc

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
If you're going to call in why not just picket in front of the police station?

How is it a false police report if the caller states no falsehood?

because it is highly unlikely that the OP is going to call in with a "hey you know, I have posted on the internet about how I am going to call in a report about a man with a gun which is in fact me, a legal citizen but I really want to be abused by a cop so I can become an internet hero and sue.

Calling in a "man with a gun" when you in fact know there is a legal citizen with a firearm is the act of an unadulterated ass. I hope in fact that if such a call is made, a full beat down follows it and the camera is lost!

The only thing worse than a cop violating rights is a worthless citizen wasting cops time having to deal with the idiot instead of patrolling for real criminals. While it can be popular to pretend police are a waste of time and a preponderance to restrict freedom I know several whom take the job seriously and are looking for the worthless punks that will break into several houses this evening.

Forget it, the OP is an idiot, promise hell, you can't fix stupid and this has to be one of if not the stupidest thread on OCDO.

To the OP, your an idiot, there I said so, a walkin talking moron who needs a good old fashioned ass beating and this is publicly embarrassing to anyone serious about gun rights in the entire state. When you wonder why OC has no preemption in the state of MO, it is because of morons like you that make it impossible to convince legislators that we are reasonable citizens.

When you sit and wonder why the CCW crowd does not step up and support OC, remember this thread. I supported CCW both personally and financially, but there is no way what so ever I seek to be associated with someone like the OP, nor could I have ever been effective had I done so in the past.

I do not care what anyone post, the OP has exposed him self as a subhuman lawsuit seeking mongrel and should be ignored by all at any cost.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
IMHO I would say that idea is bad for the cause. So far I think you have been doing it right. If you just continue on OCing every were you can every day you can. Show that trouble is not your goal. Just keep OCing and if your actions are misunderstood then address those who do not understand your civil rights. Just remember for every moment you OC in the public eye. You are changing the world to an OC tolerant world were human rights and Constitutional freedoms are expressed openly and proud.

Doc

Sorry Doc,

a B-slap was in order, it was delivered and it is supported 100%

sohighlyunlikely

a little much

I hope in fact that if such a call is made, a full beat down follows it and the camera is lost!

The only thing worse than a cop violating rights is a worthless citizen wasting cops time having to deal with the idiot instead of patrolling for real criminals.

I do not in any way agree with this part of your statement. We all deal with people whom loose there ability to rationally solve a problem. To condone an abuse of police power through violence to a citizen and the violating of the civil rights is not the answer.

Doc

LMTD, I support your right to express your opinion and I understand your perspective. I just don't care for some of it's wording.

Last edited:

wrightme

I think posting it here opens you to filing false police reports and identifies you as a person seeking nothing but attention.

I can not express strongly enough how sorry I am that I promised not to abuse users of this forum as I would dearly love to rip you to shreds.

Intentionally delaying the police when they might have real duties is the act of an ass is all I will state.
I do believe you would be well served to go back to upholding your promise. You make more sense when you are not B-slapping others on the Internet from the safety of your keyboard. Everyone who disagrees with you is not stupid. Nor do those who disagree with you deserve your bile, which seems to be ample.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I do not in any way agree with this part of your statement. We all deal with people whom loose there ability to rationally solve a problem. To condone an abuse of police power through violence to a citizen and the violating of the civil rights is not the answer.

Doc

LMTD, I support your right to express your opinion and I understand your perspective. I just don't care for some of it's wording.

Not only are you correct Doc, you are spot on. No behavior warrants abuse of power by the government and I was an ass for saying so and in fact do not support such things.

I am just very frustrated with such things preventing me from expressing my rights and prevents a lot of others from fully supporting things like OC.

I KNOW there are some whom make profits from CCW law that have self interest and nothing will change that, I also KNOW that there is no way one can step to the plate, fund an org to have a member publicly profess they intend upon provoking police officers into a confrontation.

Concealed carry was not won by such deeds, nor will a state wide preemption be won through such deeds. IMHO such deeds are an example of exactly what not to do to win public opinion. It makes the case for the anti's as police powers are used and abused for no purpose. Those whom seek freedom are portrayed with those seeking to get rich from a case. You may disagree but I for one have to wonder if at this point that is indeed the op's only position.

I do in fact feel he has dealt another blow to gun rights for everyone and completely support the simple fact that such things are worthy of a beating. You just do not go onto the largest org in the country and say something so ignorant and not expect more than one person to feel you need to check yourself.

Despite your kind nature Doc, you can not ignore the stupidity involved in publicly proclaiming such a thing, there is nothing about it that does civil rights any good, it was misappropriate originally and lacks any form of common sense beyond those whom stand for 2a rights.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I do believe you would be well served to go back to upholding your promise. You make more sense when you are not B-slapping others on the Internet from the safety of your keyboard. Everyone who disagrees with you is not stupid. Nor do those who disagree with you deserve your bile, which seems to be ample.

You sir, are welcome to your opinion, however, the B=slap was not offered just from a keyboard, I reside in the St Louis metro area as does the OP and should he or yourself so choose, I am not beyond an up front and personal meeting to discuss such issues.

If it is internet bravado you seek, I am located in OFallon MO, 44 years old, and will sign the waiver, discuss it like gents at your leisure.

goalseter88

Sorry Doc,

a B-slap was in order, it was delivered and it is supported 100%

yah this thread was a stupid idea. but you know, besides this thread, i have never seen anything bad from the OP that posted this. even your buddy doc even made a statement saying he been doing fine before he made this post.before you start calling a person a moron , mabye you should of let him reply to your first post that you made before you go on a second post dissing him. i mean mabye he posted this before fully thinking it threw.

he might very well come back and read your replies and be like "yah you guys are right, i wont do this"
.it happens ( atleast to ppl who have an outside life). he might of gotten busy about the time he posted it, and didnt have time to think about if this was a good idea.

and really whats the sorry for? you even said sorry before you posted this,cant be too sorry if you post that your sorry for this and still posted it. i mean if your going to say something, dont go back and say your sorry for it. when you obvoisly feel strongly for this and you arent sorry. dont be a *****. you said what you thought and now stand up for it or stfu. i take a person who does something stupid like this thread that will stand up for himself doing it then a person who will go about saying something and then when he gets flak for it he wimps out. you should not be dissing someone when you dont have the balls to stand up for it after you said it.

and an off question, you make a lot of posts that kinda speak as if you really more of a supporter of CCW and not really a OC fan. mabye you should think if you really should be on an OC website. IMO you prob should of stuck with missouricarry.com. i understand that your still kinda lost even after your 3 page report, but it sure does sound like,atleast at a subconsious level, that you made up your mind. mabye now you could go back to your 3 page report and actually make a decision for your report.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
wrightme,

I see you have opted to follow me about on these forums.

Step up pup, I tire fast.

You wanna run off at the mouth, feel free, you want to step up, feel free, tis your choice pup.

My words rarely change, though I have been wrong more than once.

Speak or shut up, you pick.

cshoff

<snip>.....and an off question, you make a lot of posts that kinda speak as if you really more of a supporter of CCW and not really a OC fan. mabye you should think if you really should be on an OC website. IMO you prob should of stuck with missouricarry.com. i understand that your still kinda lost even after your 3 page report, but it sure does sound like,atleast at a subconsious level, that you made up your mind. mabye now you could go back to your 3 page report and actually make a decision for your report.

So a person can't support both? What if a person is "on the fence" about OC? Should that person not be on a OC website? Seems as though attitudes such as yours would do more to hurt your "cause" rather than help it.

wrightme

wrightme,

I see you have opted to follow me about on these forums.
LOL, no, I freely read those topics that I find interesting. You seem to do this also. Calling out the behavior I see is something that I am also free to do.

LMTD said:
Step up pup, I tire fast.

You wanna run off at the mouth, feel free, you want to step up, feel free, tis your choice pup.
"Run off at the mouth? LOL, pot calling kettle.
If it is internet bravado you seek, I am located in OFallon MO, 44 years old, and will sign the waiver, discuss it like gents at your leisure.
"Pup?" LOL, no, I have outlived you so far. But that has nothing to do with civil behavior. I have met many much younger than you who are much better behaved than you. Similarly, many much older than you who are likewise.

In this case, a simple "No, this is not a wise behavior that the OP voices" would have been well sufficient for the need. Getting into flame wars isn't necessary to get a point across.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.