• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bus security advised me OC OK .

DEROS72

Some of you guys may remember the 2 incidents I had on the bus about a year ago or so.Well I was in safeway and the these guys dressed in security uniforms were getting lunch.One asked about my weapon what kind etc.I asked what they did and they said they were fare enforcment security on the buses and different stops .For the new rapid ride system.
One of them actually told me that Open carry is ok on buses in this state.It was an open carry state.I just had to smile and say yep! I know.
I found it interesting he was telling me....for a change.So eveidently at least some know.

Last edited:

acmariner99

What about the light rail line? I saw a sign on the train that no weapons were allowed, but doesn't it count as public transit and fall into that domain?

j2l3

You are correct. I believe the sign refers to illegal weapons though, doesn't it? Sort of obvious but I guess they needed to say it.

Ruby

It is also legal on our ferry system as that is considered a continuation of our highway system. I have only CCed on the ferry though, not OC.

mparramore

It is also legal on our ferry system as that is considered a continuation of our highway system. I have only CCed on the ferry though, not OC.

I ride the ferry every other weekend to drop off my kids..I cc on the ferry so I dont cause commotion on the boat. There is a lot of kids and families on fridays, no need to freak anybody out:shocker:. Don't want to cause ALARM! Now, that I think about it, I will OC on the way back with the wife. Alot less traffic to test the waters.:D get it? test the waters. lol

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

OC is legal on the ferries. This has been covered extensively in the forums. Have your CPL, and you are good to go.

I ride the ferry every other weekend to drop off my kids..I cc on the ferry so I dont cause commotion on the boat. There is a lot of kids and families on fridays, no need to freak anybody out:shocker:. Don't want to cause ALARM! Now, that I think about it, I will OC on the way back with the wife. Alot less traffic to test the waters.:D get it? test the waters. lol

Last time Deros and I went out to a meet in Bremerton we rode the ferry back to W Seattle. We were OC the whole time. Got some food sat on the ferry, walked around the passenger deck. There were no issues.