• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry in State Parks (Employee opinion)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
While I was at the General Assembly I talked to one of the Park Rangers about carry there. He was polite enough but by his facial expressions and gestures as well as his tone...doesn't like it.

I did get him to admit that they had all undergone a training session last week to make certain they understood and properly administered the law.

I believe we have 7 bills coming up tomorrow. I need to check the docket to be sure. Those are gun bills. OV has two.

wylde007

Wasn't carry already "permitted" (gag) if concealed?

The fear of seeing a gun in the open is far more concerning as a psychological tell than the thought of the possibility of a gun.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Wasn't carry already "permitted" (gag) if concealed?

The fear of seeing a gun in the open is far more concerning as a psychological tell than the thought of the possibility of a gun.

Sorry, I wasn't specific. I was referring to carry for us commoners.:lol:

wylde007

Sorry, I wasn't specific. I was referring to carry for us commoners.:lol:
Well, yeah. But that kind of reinforces my point. Guns have always been "allowed" (gag again) in State Parks.

Why would the method of carry for some reason change their perception or ability to cope? It is demonstrative of a deeper-seeded insecurity.

curtiswr

While I was at the General Assembly I talked to one of the Park Rangers about carry there. He was polite enough but by his facial expressions and gestures as well as his tone...doesn't like it.

Did you tell him I said "blow it out your ***" by chance? :lol:

ODA 226

Of course he doesn't like it...it nullifies one of his "perks" and makes him the same as everyone else.

Repeater

That's funny

I did get him to admit that they had all undergone a training session last week to make certain they understood and properly administered the law.

I believe we have 7 bills coming up tomorrow. I need to check the docket to be sure. Those are gun bills. OV has two.

Gee, you're funny. At the GAB today, there was a State Parks table at the entrance in the lobby. One pamphlet was for Bear Creek Park in Cumberland. Inside it stated carry was legal ONLY if concealed.

Guess facts don't matter.

Oh sure, you're probably thinking: "It's an OLD pamphlet."

Well, yeah, so why was it being distributed at the GAB?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Gee, you're funny. At the GAB today, there was a State Parks table at the entrance in the lobby. One pamphlet was for Bear Creek Park in Cumberland. Inside it stated carry was legal ONLY if concealed.

Guess facts don't matter.

Oh sure, you're probably thinking: "It's an OLD pamphlet."

Well, yeah, so why was it being distributed at the GAB?

I saw that too and made a remark (Politely of course) The fellow at the table told me all the signs and literature were scheduled to be changed next month.

I agree that they should not hand out literature with incorrect information.
I sure wish everyone would wear GSL stickers ot a scarlet letter or something. I thought I was the only one there.
I didn't see anyone that looked like Chuck Connors.:lol: