• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisdom from the Sages

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Put more simply, we will publish candidate ratings that are based on voting records, questionnaire responses, and candidate actions in and out of the legislative session.

We just can't formally "endorse" any candidate without forming a PAC.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
The desert is tough, Ixtow. I, for one, would miss the perfect convertible weather every night of the year. We certainly hope you stick around the Florida forum, as your knowledge and opinions are invaluable.

Convertible weather = bike weather. One more thing I wish I could stay here for... Too many years as a slave. I don't have the tolerance anymore. If I stay here, I have no doubt that I'll do something VERY detrimental to the cause involving a large body count, mine being the last. As justified and righteous as it may be, the media and the remaining politicians won't paint that picture, for sure. I'm not going to end up as yet another unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Been close enough to that one already. That is an edge that a responsible person finds hard to back away from... Some jobs are in desperate need of doing, not matter how dirty they may be. I have lost so much respect for myself by holding back. I lose sleep over it. After the first one, the rest are free! I have shirked this duty to my species. I have allowed evil to have it's way. I am their most faithful servant, my coward's hope...

I've been to the desert. It's my second choice. Maybe I'll come back some day. But for now, I don't think I can serve as more than a useful idiot on the ragged edge of doing very patriotic things... If you really think they high road will work in FL, you'll have to do it without my presence. I can't make myself fall for that idea anymore.

Water the tree baby... DOO EET!!

Last edited:

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Put more simply, we will publish candidate ratings that are based on voting records, questionnaire responses, and candidate actions in and out of the legislative session.

We just can't formally "endorse" any candidate without forming a PAC.

That's all we need.

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
... If I stay here, I have no doubt that I'll do something VERY detrimental to the cause involving a large body count, mine being the last... Been close enough to that one already. That is an edge that a responsible person finds hard to back away from...

You've got to take it easy, son. Take the bike out and go for a few long rides. Get yourself far away from the Tampa/St. Pete area and head northwest. Don't stop until you hit New Orleans. Have drinks, meet chicks, get away from the computer and from guns. Spend a few days.

The misanthropy is getting to you in a bad way, Ixtow, and although it's easy to get depressed after a series of events, there's nowhere to go but up. You're climbing, dude. Start your climb. This is good advice.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
You've got to take it easy, son. Take the bike out and go for a few long rides. Get yourself far away from the Tampa/St. Pete area and head northwest. Don't stop until you hit New Orleans. Have drinks, meet chicks, get away from the computer and from guns. Spend a few days.

The misanthropy is getting to you in a bad way, Ixtow, and although it's easy to get depressed after a series of events, there's nowhere to go but up. You're climbing, dude. Start your climb. This is good advice.

I believe that is my point, and intent. I need to get away from the ugly truth of what Floridians, and sheeple in general, are. I'm just not compatible with hateful, stuck-on-stupid human beings. There isn't much else... Away!

JeepSeller

I believe that is my point, and intent. I need to get away from the ugly truth of what Floridians, and sheeple in general, are. I'm just not compatible with hateful, stuck-on-stupid human beings. There isn't much else... Away!

Having lived in SEVERAL states, from FL, to Arkansas in the middle, to the hills of TN, to the mountains of CO, then traveled to EVERY state as a trucker for many years.....I can assure you, every state is just slap loaded with ugly and stupid! Their ugly and stupid is just probably a little different than the ugly and stupid in another state. The trick...is to find the ugly and stupid that annoys you the least. LOL

However, as I have picked up and moved cross country myself on a few occasions, by all means, GTFO of Florida if it stresses you out that much. Just, having seen the grass on the other side of the fences, I'm not sure you'll find it much greener anywhere you go.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Having lived in SEVERAL states, from FL, to Arkansas in the middle, to the hills of TN, to the mountains of CO, then traveled to EVERY state as a trucker for many years.....I can assure you, every state is just slap loaded with ugly and stupid! Their ugly and stupid is just probably a little different than the ugly and stupid in another state. The trick...is to find the ugly and stupid that annoys you the least. LOL

However, as I have picked up and moved cross country myself on a few occasions, by all means, GTFO of Florida if it stresses you out that much. Just, having seen the grass on the other side of the fences, I'm not sure you'll find it much greener anywhere you go.

Stupid and Hateful is everywhere. These are the ultimate defining characteristics of the human race. It's considered 'normal.' I am painfully aware of this.

I do say that North-Central Florida is much different than the rest of the State. I could almost stay here. Almost... Maybe Southern GA isn't much different...? NC/VA is also in the running. But AZ is so awesome... Spent several months there. Of the people I met there, I have to say that the turds are the exception instead of the rule. In FL, it's damn near illegal to be any kind of decent.

What I need is low population density and the freedom to avoid stupid instead of being statutorily forced into it. I don't expect turds are any less brown and stinky elsewhere, but there will be fewer of them...

Last edited:

jammer

ixtow

Hey brother, sounds like you need a straw stuck into a 55gal drum of Thorazine, lol. No really I'm kidding. My slogan is Illegitimas non Tatum carborundum . [ DON'T LET THE BASTARDS GRIND YOU DOWN] Hoo Aah!!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Hey brother, sounds like you need a straw stuck into a 55gal drum of Thorazine.

Now there is a statement worthy of the thread title. ;-)

Fight dragons long enough, eventually you become one. The amount of holding myself back that I have to do has gone way off the chart in the last 18 months. I don't know if it's self-control, or cowardice. Either way, I feel shameful.

77zach

I'm up here in Va visiting my dad. Went to an Outback steakhouse and sat at the bar area, OCing. And do you know what happened?

Nothing.

Both of these things are illegal in Florida. I could have been arrested for OCing or for sitting at the bar in Florida. We should take video of ourselves OCing in other states to show our "representatives." Then we'd get to listen to excuses about how it's "different" or "not right" for Florida, lol.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Both of these things are illegal in Florida. I could have been arrested for OCing or for sitting at the bar in Florida. We should take video of ourselves OCing in other states to show our "representatives." Then we'd get to listen to excuses about how it's "different" or "not right" for Florida, lol.

That's not a bad idea... Carpool to GA? :p

j4l

I'm up here in Va visiting my dad. Went to an Outback steakhouse and sat at the bar area, OCing. And do you know what happened?

Nothing.

You're missing a huge point here though. Which is surprising,given the amount of involvement you have in this already. The "representatives" we currently have know all this. They simply dont care. The feelings and funds of particular lobbying groups are what carries the day. Not facts, not common-sense and certainly not what most of the rest of this nation have or dont have going on.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
You're missing a huge point here though. Which is surprising,given the amount of involvement you have in this already. The "representatives" we currently have know all this. They simply dont care. The feelings and funds of particular lobbying groups are what carries the day. Not facts, not common-sense and certainly not what most of the rest of this nation have or dont have going on.

As I've said many times before...

We're skipping the one part of the equation that is most important, because it is the most difficult. We're doing the easy things. But we're skipping the foundation.

crashnjax

Which is why you need to support me. Cause I do care what the voters want. I do care about restoring the constitutional rights of legal registered voters. Again I issue a challenge to any one willing to run for other districts in Florida.

ADulay

The "representatives" we currently have know all this. They simply dont care. The feelings and funds of particular lobbying groups are what carries the day. Not facts, not common-sense and certainly not what most of the rest of this nation have or dont have going on.

BINGO! Give that man a cigar.

No amount of facts or truth are going to sway these people.

It's who has the better funded lobby, as sad as that is, it's still a fact.

AD

j4l

BINGO! Give that man a cigar.

No amount of facts or truth are going to sway these people.

It's who has the better funded lobby, as sad as that is, it's still a fact.

AD

Unless/until we take it upon ourselves to change that-by replacing those who supposedly "represent" us, with folks who actually do.
This nonsense of constantly begging the same, tired, corrupted bunch over and over, and refusing to embrace and support candidates who dont NEED begging or convincing... its just not working. Time to make those changes.