• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop Talk Radio To Examine The Open Carry Movement On Wednesday Night 07/27/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Dragon

Given the number of high-profile Open Carry encounters with the police that have occurred here in California over the past few weeks (both positive and negative), Responsible Citizens of California Press Secretary, Yih-Chau Chang, will be featured on Cop Talk Radio Wednesday night (7/27/11) to talk about Open Carry and concealed carry in the Golden State between 4-6 PM PST (7-9 EST). All Open Carry advocates should feel free to call in and express your viewpoint during the show at 1-877-960-9960. You can tune in to the show at the link featured here. Feel free to pass this around to everyone in the Open Carry Movement.

www.coptalkradio.com

eye95

I will be working during the broadcast. Will it be rebroadcast? Will it be downloadable. I'd love to be able to listen to it.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I think I will give it a listen. I used to live in San Diego so I always keep an ear to the ground when it comes to California. Thanks for sharing!

cyras21

Is the OP provided link the correct site? They list a section of South Florida as their broadcast market.

"A unique first and only type of its kind, Cop Talk Radio Show "The Beat" airs on SeaView Radio out of South Florida. This show features reality based police topics including a variety of law enforcement and current event topics, geared not only around South Florida, but nationally as well."

VW_Factor

I will be working during the broadcast. Will it be rebroadcast? Will it be downloadable. I'd love to be able to listen to it.

Did you click the link? Right there on the front page, is the information you seek.. (Yes, the shows are archived for later listening).

eye95

Did you click the link? Right there on the front page, is the information you seek.. (Yes, the shows are archived for later listening).

No. I generally don't click links until I know that it has something I want or need. I incorrectly assumed that this link was only for listening live to the show. Now that I have been corrected, I will click the link at the first opportunity after the show is over. Thank you.

VW_Factor

I understand you run noscript and are generally cautious about browsing the web. That is all good and well, however hovering a link and inspecting the place it REALLY goes too before writing it off as a bad link/page can go a long way towards keeping your computer clean, safe, etc etc.

If I head into unknown territory online, I'll run noscript and the like. Otherwise I just run a general adblocker. In a forum, or when someone links something, I'll be sure to check out where it goes, before I actually click on it. www.coptalkradio.com doesn't set off any alarms in my book.

eye95

As the link was presented to be a place to listen live and as I would not be listening live, I saw no point in clicking on it.

Again, thank you for the information. I will use it. No thanks for the harping. I won't use it. Moving on.

PavePusher

Given the number of high-profile Open Carry encounters with the police that have occurred here in California over the past few weeks (both positive and negative), Responsible Citizens of California Press Secretary, Yih-Chau Chang, will be featured on Cop Talk Radio Wednesday night (7/27/11) to talk about Open Carry and concealed carry in the Golden State between 4-6 PM PST (7-9 EST). All Open Carry advocates should feel free to call in and express your viewpoint during the show at 1-877-960-9960. You can tune in to the show at the link featured here. Feel free to pass this around to everyone in the Open Carry Movement.

www.coptalkradio.com

At the risk of actually bringing this thread back on topic, did anyone actually get a chance to listen to this? I had to work late that night and missed it, the archive doesn't seem to be posted yet.... Any commentary on the content?

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
I have been a guest on Cop Talk and American Biker Talk Radio multiple times. Both shows by the same host. He and his audiences have been very friendly to the Open Carry Movement in Florida.

donny

I'm curious. Is the OP's shameless self promotion here and on other forums ever going to stop?

eye95

I'm curious. Is the OP's shameless self promotion here and on other forums ever going to stop?

You are not the only one who has noticed that his posts are almost exclusively self-promoting. If he were otherwise a regular poster here, I'd have no problem with him saying, "Oh, BTW, here is a column I wrote on the subject." Instead, the only reasonable conclusion is that his actions are essentially spamming, so I go out of my way NOT to read his articles. It's not that we should hope that he stops promoting his column. We should hope that he becomes a bona fide poster.

PavePusher

At the risk of actually bringing this thread back on topic, did anyone actually get a chance to listen to this? I had to work late that night and missed it, the archive doesn't seem to be posted yet.... Any commentary on the content?

Dragging this back on-topic again, I listened to the 20 July show, and they seem to be a pretty even-handed group, or at least that week they were. The 27 July show is now posted, I'm downloading it right now. Will also check out some of their earlier stuff.

So far, not bad.

since9

Campaign Veteran

Unlike many folks who regularly post on OCDO, Black Dragon's efforts beyond the forum in support of both Open Carry as well as our broader Second Amendment rights have been nothing short of exemplary. If OCDO had ten more like him, we'd all be the better for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.