• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Judge rules OC is RAS.

OC for ME

The issue, as I see it, is how to get rid of a judge that should have known that mere OC, where legal without a "permit", is not RAS as higher courts have opined.

self preservation

Nonsense.

That was the lawsuit against the PD. Any further action will be an appeal and an appeal must be to a higher court.

I see. I thought that when you appealed it went before a different judge within the original court, or to the same judge in light of new evidence. I guess I got that misunderstanding from a class action suit that I have been involved in for several years. I keep hearing from others that are in this suit as well say "they have appealed the supreme court ruling 3 times and now they are out of appeals. So we should be getting a final ruling soon."

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I hope this is appealed. Not only is the decision illogical, it flies in the face of stare decisis. This judge deserves too see his "verdict" overturn it, and we need it not to be allowed to stand.

Of course, Georgia does require a permit for open carry, but I don't see why that should change the default presumptions.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

Unfortunately, funds were unavailable to appeal the decision. I'm sure the issue will be raised again though; too many people have vowed Not to change their open-carry habits.

Perhaps next time the decision will be before a judge, with lawyers, instead of what some legal clerk puts in front of a judge (too many people have told me who really does the research for judges for me to think it wasn't the case here.)