• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

.44 Magnum Accident

fully_armed_biker

This was just sent to me by a co-worker of mine, it was sent to him by a buddy of his that's an LEO here in VA...Beware of Chinese made ammo!

A guy came into the PD the other day to ask a favor. He had a S&W 629 (44 Mag.) that he wanted to dispose of after a mishap at the range. He said there was a loud bang when he tested his new ammo, (Chinese made), and the gun smacked him in the forehead, leaving a nice gash. When the tweety birds cleared, this is what he saw ...

'Bet he never uses Chinese made Ammo again!

Attachments

• 44Mag1.jpg
    44Mag1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 252
  • 44Mag2.jpg
    44Mag2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 187

Interceptor_Knight

There is no such thing as Chinese .44 Magnum ammunition. All Chinese ammunition and firearms have been banned from import since the mid 1990s.
These pictures have been floating around the internet for almost a year. This had nothing to do with bad factory ammunition and everything to do with improper reloads. Here is the original thread from 2009. http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-amp;...-think-ya-used-bit-too-much-powder-butch.html

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

Well...maybe the guy was an idiot and too embarrassed to admit it was a handload gone awry...don't know...just thought it was interesting. He's lucky to be alive.

He admitted that it was a hand load which did it when he went to the local Police Station in Alaska to ask them to dispose of the revolver. What you got in an E-mail was the story recycled with some "facts" including the location altered.....
There was even a guy over at the Gun and Game forums who claimed that this happened to him and was eventually called out.

Last edited: