• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next Monthly get together

ChiangShih

Hey, it should be the 4th at 4 if we keep going with the first Saturday. As for the place I guess we can decide that in here, lol.

Big Boy

I agree lets keep things simple with first Sat (4th) at 4:00 pm. Hopefully I'll remember that time this go round...lol

hmm, location, location...

mobodyguard

ok the 1st week of the month is good with me and yes Big boy 4pm but since this coming up Saturday is the 4th u should be ok lol

mobodyguard

how about doin a traveling the greater kansas city area that we know allow open carry. we have done independence and kansas city. lets do another city: raytown, lee summit, grandview, or some closet city

ChiangShih

how about doin a traveling the greater kansas city area that we know allow open carry. we have done independence and kansas city. lets do another city: raytown, lee summit, grandview, or some closet city

I think this is a great idea. I vote for Lee's Summit. There is the Chipman road area and the brand new Summit Fair shopping district. They are both pretty high traffic areas and have a lot of restaurants and coffee places to choose from.

mobodyguard

i though lee summit would be a great place also now lets think of a great place to meet i dont know the area well so someone that does select a place

Teddybear

Good place

Culver's of Lee's Summit, MO
1701 N.E. Douglas Street
Lee's Summit, MO 64086

816-524-9200

They have good burgers, I have never oc'ed there.

Thomas Masse

I'll be there. I agree that we need to spread our meetings out to different locales. As we spread out to farther areas, we may pick up new attendees to boost our numbers and give us an even brighter face to present to the public.

ChiangShih

Alright, sounds like Culvers in Lee's Summit at 4:00pm on Dec. 4th.

So, unless there are any objections or problems with the venue, see you guys there!

Teddybear

I am a first timer for oc and would hope someone with more firepower ( knowledge of 2a rights) call and find out if this place is ok with it and then get with news coverage maybe to follow, other than that i'm there.

Big Boy

Nope, Nope, Nope.

Don't call. Calling is useless. Calling gives them a chance to say "Err... Um... (WTF is OC?) NO!!"

The point is to have OC become normal in every day encounters. Not to get permission to go have dinner somewhere.
Unless any one out right knows that culver's has signs posted we should be good. I will go by the one here in Blue Springs tomorrow to make sure they don't have signs on their doors.

Teddybear

Nope, Nope, Nope.

Don't call. Calling is useless. Calling gives them a chance to say "Err... Um... (WTF is OC?) NO!!"

The point is to have OC become normal in every day encounters. Not to get permission to go have dinner somewhere.
Unless any one out right knows that culver's has signs posted we should be good. I will go by the one here in Blue Springs tomorrow to make sure they don't have signs on their doors.

I see your point... so you can be the spokesperson if need be ?? I will see you there, I will check out the one here in Lee Summit.