• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Confused about open carry laws at 18 years old

SteveInCO

That about sums it up, yes.

Fortunately CRS 29-11.7-102 prohibits gun registration which basically makes this bill un-enforcable.

But by the same token, it could be a red flag if there were an arrest for whatever reason, and it was a check written, or something like that.

It's a really bad idea for your dad to buy a firearm with the intended purpose of turning around and selling it to you; legally that's a "straw purchase." Also hard to enforce but the federally required form will ask the question.

Dario

But by the same token, it could be a red flag if there were an arrest for whatever reason, and it was a check written, or something like that.

It's a really bad idea for your dad to buy a firearm with the intended purpose of turning around and selling it to you; legally that's a "straw purchase." Also hard to enforce but the federally required form will ask the question.

Sad but true. I weep for America :cry: while secretly anticipating the day when my son actually gives ME a check :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sad but true. I weep for America :cry: while secretly anticipating the day when my son actually gives ME a check :D

Or returns something he has borrowed in a timely fashion, like my vintage Remington 1100.

cmdas

It would be a legitimate gift for Christmas. although the thought of paying him to buy it for me (which now i realize is not the best idea) has crossed my mind, i spent all my extra money on a new 74 with a surplus tin of ammo :banana:

mobiushky

It would be a legitimate gift for Christmas. although the thought of paying him to buy it for me (which now i realize is not the best idea) has crossed my mind, i spent all my extra money on a new 74 with a surplus tin of ammo :banana:

Don't pay him for the gun. Pay him for his work in cleaning it for you...

SteveInCO

Don't pay him for the gun. Pay him for his work in cleaning it for you...

Plating the entire gun in gold, then stripping every last atom of it off, is an expensive, likely ineffective, and utterly undetectable cleaning method--so much so you really can't tell whether it happened or not. Surely worth a few hundred dollars to have it done.