• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrying on a college campus

alexkaminski888

Your first paragraph is a gimme. The rest of your post is just another chapter about your life as a truck driver and totally irrevelant to the poster's topic. A plethora of your posts contain a small amount of on topic material and rest is just a long winded off topic adventure story.

Well, to be honest he was way more helpful than you were. And hey, who doesn't like a good adventure story?

Franky

Well, to be honest he was way more helpful than you were. And hey, who doesn't like a good adventure story?

There are designated forums within OC.org if one wishes to post adventure/fairy tales. Educate yourself on the OC.org forum rules if you wish to find the appropriate forums.

Maverick9

That is a great question. All I could find online is this

"Possession of any type of guns or rifles on University property is not permitted. If you do have a weapon for hunting and live in a residential hall, it must be stored at the UWSP Armory. The armory is located at the Protective Services Office, George Stien Building, 346-3456."

It seems to me that I would be best off leaving defense guns at home and just carry a blade of some sort. The last thing I want to do is to ruin my career before it even starts. I really appreciate the help from all of you. This forum is great and I'm learning a lot.

'Carry a blade'...Uh, do you know how to protect yourself with bladed weapons? I seriously doubt it. My advice is follow the "3S" rule and avoid stupid places, people and things, don't go to bars, and excuse yourself and walk away from trouble. Take up jogging and middle distance running, in fact. Physical fitness will benefit you more than standing and trying to get stabbed.

Is the campus a hotbed of muggings and rapery? If not, drop the plan to be 'Rambo 2.0' and do as FI advised. Stay far away from trouble, get fit and develop your cardio, take the CCW classes and maybe even a stick fighting class if you just have to be pugnacious.

Good luck and study hard!

Wstar425

There are designated forums within OC.org if one wishes to post adventure/fairy tales. Educate yourself on the OC.org forum rules if you wish to find the appropriate forums.

Off topic and irrelevant to the OP.

He posted under Wisconsin, which is under STORIES of the states, which is under the main Forum heading.

Franky

Off topic and irrelevant to the OP.

He posted under Wisconsin, which is under STORIES of the states, which is under the main Forum heading.

Your perception of the words "stories from the states" is somewhat amusing. You also possibly should educate yourself on the forum rules. Particularly #8.

alexkaminski888

'Carry a blade'...Uh, do you know how to protect yourself with bladed weapons? I seriously doubt it. My advice is follow the "3S" rule and avoid stupid places, people and things, don't go to bars, and excuse yourself and walk away from trouble. Take up jogging and middle distance running, in fact. Physical fitness will benefit you more than standing and trying to get stabbed.

Is the campus a hotbed of muggings and rapery? If not, drop the plan to be 'Rambo 2.0' and do as FI advised. Stay far away from trouble, get fit and develop your cardio, take the CCW classes and maybe even a stick fighting class if you just have to be pugnacious.

Good luck and study hard!

Thank you for your advice sir, I plan to stay far from trouble and focus on my academics. Hell, I even gave up drinking per my girlfriends request.

alexkaminski888

Your perception of the words "stories from the states" is somewhat amusing. You also possibly should educate yourself on the forum rules. Particularly #8.

I appreciate your concern for the purity of this thread but it seems to me your the one that's causing an off topic discussion by trying to stir the pot on an otherwise perfectly fine discussion.

protias

I appreciate your concern for the purity of this thread but it seems to me your the one that's causing an off topic discussion by trying to stir the pot on an otherwise perfectly fine discussion.

You would think for a man in his 60s, he would have better things to do (like enjoy life outside of 4 walls, or maybe he should just sign up for some padded walls?) than to troll people on the internet.

Franky

Thank you for your advice sir, I plan to stay far from trouble and focus on my academics. Hell, I even gave up drinking per my girlfriends request.

The girlfriend is wise. Underage consumption of alcohol is unlawful and possibly could cause problems with your quest to pursue a career in law enforcement. That is if your "giving up drinking" includes beverages containing alcohol.