• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attention ALL Missouri OC'ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Article1section23

imported post

Z,

I think you should go for a VCDL type of group. If you want more people, try to support all constitutional issues. Even if the first is to work on preemption for OC. Then perhaps constitutional carry.

I believe that to just have an OC group, you will be limiting yourself. Also, I think this board is doing a good job with promoting OC and trying to get it fixed. People in this state have been working on this issue, long before this site came to be. You will learn this the more you get involved andyou get with the other groups and their leaders.

Mocarry is going away and merging with WMSA. Instead of a new separate group, what about getting together with them and sitting down to talk about what you would like to see happen? What about getting people voted into their leadership positions that will push this?

Its a stable group and well known inJeff City. Food for thought....good luck.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Actually it is not a merger, it is a change in ownership and dissolving the org. It is the MSSA that will take over the org, funds and domain.

randyj

imported post

Zekester,

I would support this initiative 1k%! As I've been following along on the various threads...this same thought and sentiment came to me as well.

It is time to act. I for one do not like to suffer from paralysis from over analysis. Let's organize and consolidate our efforts and get something accomplished.

Please send me the by-laws. Email is randypamjohnson@sbcglobal.net

Thanks again for your efforts on these issues.

peterarthur

imported post

I take part in a legal defense fund for homeschoolers called Homeschool Legal Defense Association which basically for a $100 fee for each member retains legal counsel in case it is needed and can help navigate the murky pre-emption waters. We might think about something similar. With a coordinated effort we could pick up local ordinances from each jurisdiction and put them in a central repository on one website. The website can be hosted by Godaddy or some other hosting service, we would just need someone to manage the content. I think this idea has merit. Let's continue to hash it out.

Marc

imported post

I've got to say Zekester, I agree completely and if enough of the smart folk could lend a hand my neighbor is a CPA and has a very firm belief in the right to carry. And while I dont know much of this kind of thing i might be able to get my sister involved as she has a degree in political science. Although im not sure if any of that would help or not. Just throwin it out there.

xd_9mm

imported post

i can make a website for the organization and our we useing the by laws you sent me as our bylaws to if so i can put them on the website on the front page just let me know

nrepuyan

imported post

doh.jpg

goalseter88

imported post

lol superlite,

but on a side note i could read what he said just fine. prob the age difference. i think old people have a harder time reading when its not proper english, while younger guys like me are kinda use to it. i guess when i read i naturally see when a sentence ends and a new one begins, i had to reread it to see that he didnt add any periods etc.

Superlite27

imported post

I agree. We elderly folks in our thirties have a hard time cyphering. Especially when we forget to wear our spectacles.

I don't think writing with or without correct capitalization or punctuation has anything to do with age. I think it has to do with standardization in order to ensure accurate communication.

when somebody writes like this it has a tendency to run together leading to the possibility of the person reading it to misunderstand whatever meaning the person writing it is trying to saycapitalization and punctuation has a purpose see it is hard to determine that there is an entirely different sentence beginning with the word capitalization huh

If everyone made their own nuts and bolts and their own wrenches, how would we ever manufacture things in a consistent manner? If you bought a car from Joe, none of your tools would work. You couldn't even borrow Steve's tools to fix it because Steve's are entirely different from either yours, or Joe's. They came up with this wonderful idea called "standardization". Now, a 1/2" wrench that fits a 1/2" nut on Joe's car will also fit a 1/2" nut on Steve's car. COOL! We can all use the SAME THING in order to work on ALL OUR CARS! We can even communicate using this standard! When we say "I need a 1/2" wrench" many other people will know exactly what we are talking about because, since the idea has been standardized, it becomes more universal.

The exact same principle is inherent in language and the writing of that language. It has been standardized so that all may look at what is written and all who read may comprehend in the exact same manner.

When a person decides to write in their own little special way.......it is below standard. It is like Joe going out and making his own car using his own sized nuts and bolts then trying to work on it by borrowing your tools.

"Hey! Can I borrow one of your....um....you know....wrenches that your pinky fits into but not your ring finger?"

"You mean a 1/2 inch?"

"Well...no. You see, I made up my own bolt sizes."

Brilliant. Real frickin' handy, huh? Kinda like reading crap where someone can't even take the .000000002 seconds to hit the shift key or the period button. For what reason, exactly? In order to be "original"? I know it's not due to lack of intelligence. I see some of the most brilliant ideas come from folks who have to be either lazy, uncaring, or just plain neglectful. How can some of these folks, who are obviously smart as hell, notmeet the standard?

zekester

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
I agree, we elderly folks in our thirties, have a hard time cyphering. Especially when we forget to wear our spectacles.
I agree. We elderly folks in our thirties have a hard time cyphering. Especially when we forget to wear our spectacles.
I don't think writing with or without correct capitalization or punctuation has anything to do with age. I think it has to do with standardization in order to ensure accurate communication.
When somebody writes like this, it has a tendency to run together leading to the possibility of the person reading it to misunderstand whatever meaning the person writing it is trying to say,capitalization and punctuation has a purpose. See it is hard to determine that there is an entirely different sentence beginning with the word capitalization.Huh?

when somebody writes like this it has a tendency to run together leading to the possibility of the person reading it to misunderstand whatever meaning the person writing it is trying to saycapitalization and punctuation has a purpose see it is hard to determine that there is an entirely different sentence beginning with the word capitalization huh
If everyone made their own nuts and bolts and their own wrenches, how would we ever manufacture things in a consistent manner? If you bought a car from Joe, none of your tools would work. You couldn't even borrow Steve's tools to fix it because Steve's are entirely different from either yours, or Joe's. They came up with this wonderful idea called "standardization". Now, a 1/2" wrench that fits a 1/2" nut on Joe's car will also fit a 1/2" nut on Steve's car. COOL! We can all use the SAME THING in order to work on ALL OUR CARS! We can even communicate using this standard! When we say "I need a 1/2" wrench" many other people will know exactly what we are talking about because, since the idea has been standardized, it becomes more universal.

The exact same principle is inherent in language and the writing of that language. It has been standardized so that all may look at what is written and all who read may comprehend in the exact same manner.

When a person decides to write in their own little special way.......it is below standard. It is like Joe going out and making his own car using his own sized nuts and bolts then trying to work on it by borrowing your tools.

"Hey! Can I borrow one of your....um....you know....wrenches that your pinky fits into but not your ring finger?"

"You mean a 1/2 inch?"

Brilliant. Real frickin' handy, huh? Kinda like reading crap where someone can't even take the .000000002 seconds to hit the shift key or the period button. For what reason, exactly? In order to be "original"? I know it's not due to lack of intelligence. I see some of the most brilliant ideas come from folks who have to be either lazy, uncaring, or just plain neglectful. How can some of these folks, who are obviously smart as hell, notmeet the standard?

LOL....in this day and age...no one, especially the younger generation, ever writes a full sentence....LOL...BTW...and the like.

Just had to jump in...

Z

goalseter88

"You mean a 1/2 inch?"

i dissagree with that theory that it dosent come partially with age. its not really about the age its about how older ppl were raised, verse a now day kid. ppl speak differently now days. so their for a older ppl have a harder time learning the now day grammar and spelling of the younger gen. i mean the abbreviations now days are not the same as what my parents use. and your bolt theory dosent really apply on here if you know much about bolts and nutes b/c while bolts and nut sizes have to be about right. where as you can change a lot in english and have it still work. have you ever seen those spam emails where they send you a whole paragragh where every word has its letters missplaced in the word. yet you can still read the whole paragraph as if it was in correct order? english dosent actually have to be exact, if your been use writing or reading like that.

i think i could safely say that the younger generation can read a miss-spelled paragraph a lot beter then the older population can since thats how most of us write. when were not in a work enviroment,college etc. it prob has a lot to do with texting where you only get a limited amount of letters per text. so mabye its more about how you were l
raised and not your age. but that leads back to the age, due to the fact different age groups were raised differently.for instance i guessing when i my dads age i prob start using proper grammar since my way of abrevating wont be used anymore since the newer age will have formed "their way of abrevating, or as you would say lack of proper english" i bet that you guys didnt use proper english at my age, you converted back to proper english as you grew older.

Status
Not open for further replies.