• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Told not to carry again in his store...

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
Went to Cracker Barrel this morning - 7-12-11, as my wife and I have done for almost 4 years now. We ordered, ate, and got our check. All of the sudden, a man in a blue shirt and radio on his side walked really close to me and said in a calm and low voice - "I don't know if you are law enforcement, but if you are not, our store policy is no guns." :mad: I did not confirm nor deny the law enforcement challenge, however, I told him that he would loose my business because of it. This time around, it was almost like they were trying to rush us out because we got our check JUST as we were finishing up, and as we left to pay, the blue shirt man (Known as B.J.) followed closely, as if we were criminals. :cuss:

Cracker Barrel Store #239
Jul 12, 11 @ 7:44 AM
Check closed at 8:10 AM $23.63

No more from us - Cracker Barrel!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
We had several pages of a thread about the Crackerr Barrel change of policy. Sorry you missed it - it might have saved you some inconvenience.

I do note how you were not informed of the "No Guns" policy until after you had eaten and paid your bill. Some of were more fortunate and were informed just as our food arrived. Yes, we got up, left a tip, and walked out with the food iuntouched and unpaid for. Heck, the manager told us to leave, so we did so.

stay safe.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
I (unfortunately) ate at the Cracker Barrel in Waynesboro last week and there were no signs or indications that my lawfully concealed handgun wasn't welcome there. Oh well. Color me "informed" now. :)

And I say unfortunately because my cheeseburger revisited me in a rather violent manner later in the evening. My chest still hurts from getting sick.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I quit going there after reading about their discrimination. The 'boycott' isn't just in VA. Abuse like this should affect the entire chain.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I've not given Cracker Barrel the chance to offend me personally after offending Grapeshot, Skidmark and the various others who were regular visitors. Unless I hear otherwise about their firearm policy I might go to my dying day without spending money there again. That's a shame for them because I probably could get another 50 years of use out of this ol' body.

kenny

I've not given Cracker Barrel the chance to offend me personally after offending Grapeshot, Skidmark and the various others who were regular visitors. Unless I hear otherwise about their firearm policy I might go to my dying day without spending money there again. That's a shame for them because I probably could get another 50 years of use out of this ol' body.

You have not missed a thing by not going to the one on Wards Road.

zoom6zoom

I've never had issues at any of their locations, and am not sure which location the OP was at.

However, I have found that the quality of their food has declined markedly (they used to be pretty good), so that just gives me one more reason to punt them from my list.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

I think this is exactly the right attitude to have. My local Cracker Barrel isn't posted buy there is no way I would carry there now.

va_tazdad

Nothing lost

Their food is mediocre and their service is slightly better than at McDonald's.

In the past I used to go there at least weekly, some times more often. The food was good for the price and we followed a favorite waitress from another chain.

Between the anti attitude, low quality of food served and the deranged racetrack waitress system they implemented I refuse to return.

I complained to the manager about the changes and he just shrugged. I congratulated him on the loss of a regular customer whose wife usually spent 3 times as much in their store as we did on food.

Places like that don’t need or want my money!

MilProGuy

Went to Cracker Barrel this morning - 7-12-11, as my wife and I have done for almost 4 years now. We ordered, ate, and got our check. All of the sudden, a man in a blue shirt and radio on his side walked really close to me and said in a calm and low voice - "I don't know if you are law enforcement, but if you are not, our store policy is no guns." :mad: I did not confirm nor deny the law enforcement challenge, however, I told him that he would loose my business because of it. This time around, it was almost like they were trying to rush us out because we got our check JUST as we were finishing up, and as we left to pay, the blue shirt man (Known as B.J.) followed closely, as if we were criminals. :cuss:

No more from us - Cracker Barrel!

Was there a sign posted at the entrance that indicated "no guns allowed" or something of that nature?

M

mattwestm

Have we determined if this is just a Virginia thing or Cracker Barrel corporate? I've carried in my local CB plenty of times and no one has said a word. Also, do all stores have this policy or can individual managers adopt these policies?

paul@paul-fisher.com

Hmmm... I have OC'ed at the Cracker Barrel in Janesvilles, WI with about 25 fellow OC'ers just under a year ago and at the one in Kenosha, WI a couple months ago with my wife. No mention.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I've OC'd in the Cracker Barrel in Manassas just outside of the battlefield park and have never had a problem. However, I only OC'd into the store part of the business and not into the eating area. There are a LOT of out-of-state visitors at this particular restaurant since it is so close to hotels and the battlefield. Just for kicks, I think the next time I am in that area, I'll stop by and see if there are any signs posted.