• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can you see what is coming down the pipe?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Seattle Council to be briefed on violent weekend
"The Seattle Police Department is putting extra officers out right now on anti-violence patrols," said Assistant Chief Paul McDonagh. But McDonagh admits it is tough to predict where trouble will happen. "These units are going to be flexible enough to move throughout the city to go where we think there are going to be problems, or where problems arise."

No doubt this will likely end up in some attempt by Seattle to restrict firearms beyond their ability and for those open carrying and walking the streets of Seattle, take someone with you as a witness.

xxx.jakk.xxx

Yeah, this is probably going to lead to some unwanted police contacts. At least I avoid Seattle a lot anyways.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Some of this of course is media hype and Chief Metz comment "The best answer I can come up with right now is the prevalence of guns. When you carry a gun your chances of using that gun are high,” what exactly is that suppose to mean that if your life is threatened and armed will likely result in defending yourself with your self defense weapon? Or is that suppose to mean that at a drop of the hat a gun will be used? If the later was true wouldn't there be a lot more shootings then that has been reported.

xxx.jakk.xxx

Some of this of course is media hype and Chief Metz comment "The best answer I can come up with right now is the prevalence of guns. When you carry a gun your chances of using that gun are high,” what exactly is that suppose to mean that if your life is threatened and armed will likely result in defending yourself with your self defense weapon? Or is that suppose to mean that at a drop of the hat a gun will be used? If the later was true wouldn't there be a lot more shootings then that has been reported.

It's the same kind of stupid statement that they're trying to use to take away Florida's self defense laws. They are claiming that "self defense related deaths have tripled", so it's bad.

When I actually read that line from seattle to my lady (When you carry a gun your chances of using that gun are high), she asked me "Is that compared to if you're not carrying a gun?" because of just how stupid the statement is. Of course you're more likely to use a gun, you have a freaking gun to use. I know I'd likely use a gun more often if I were carrying it and the need for me to use it arose. I can't imagine any situation that I'd use a gun if I didn't have a gun, though...

amlevin

It's the same kind of stupid statement that they're trying to use to take away Florida's self defense laws. They are claiming that "self defense related deaths have tripled", so it's bad.

How stupid. Having "self defense related deaths" triple could be a very good thing, especially if it's the attacker who is contributing to the statistic.

Might be a great campaign theme. "Deaths of attackers in Self Defense situations have only tripled. Let's go for 4, 5, or more times that number. Maybe then they'll get the idea that people don't like their lives threatened and will defend themselves ----with guns".

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Ah here it comes now....

Seattle councilmembers ready to take on gun laws
In the wake of gun violence that killed six people in Seattle, some city councilmembers want to take a closer look at gun laws at both the state and local level.

City councilmember Jean Godden called on the state legislature Thursday to start looking at changing gun laws. Currently, state law reads, "Local laws that are...more restrictive than state law shall not be enacted."

The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling is raining down on Seattle's City Council is clearly disconnected with reality and have no clue how to move forward.

I still believe if someone was legally armed and in the cafe the outcome would have been quite different but still the Council and Local Media would have twisted it make it look different then it was.

It has come out now as well, one man in the cafe threw a couple of stools at the gunman allowing a few customers to escape.