• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chris Christie, The Republican Darling, and His Tax Future?

KBCraig

Given this week's rule changes at the RNC faux-vention, it doesn't matter what Republican voters and party members want. The party officials can ignore them and install whoever they wish.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Why is it all the flippin liberals are so interested in Republican's taxes; but didn't say a word about proven Democrat tax cheats like Sec of the Treasury Timmy "Turbo Tax" Geithner or head of the congressional tax writing sub-committee Charley "The Hammock" Rangel????

Can you say "UTTER HYPOCRISY"???? I knew you could!

The error is to fall into Beretta's Dem-vs-Republican argument in the first place. It just plays into her hands, after she has already fallen into the Democan/Republicrat trap.

Divide and conquer. Oldest trick in the political book. Create sides, then set them to bickering between each other so they won't unite for liberty for everybody. Then the Republicrats and Democans can each offer "solutions" while stoking the fire against the other side's "solutions".

As Judge Andrew Napolitano so eloquently put it, the Republicans and Democrats are just two wings of the same bird of prey. They're just two wings of the Government Party. It doesn't matter which holds power--the debt goes up, regulations increase, and freedom contracts. Both parties have had plenty of opportunity to turn things around over the last 45 years. Nothing. Just business-as-usual. Neither party is really interested in the people of this country. They're in it for themselves. For power and money.

WalkingWolf

Why is it all the flippin liberals are so interested in Republican's taxes; but didn't say a word about proven Democrat tax cheats like Sec of the Treasury Timmy "Turbo Tax" Geithner or head of the congressional tax writing sub-committee Charley "The Hammock" Rangel????

Can you say "UTTER HYPOCRISY"???? I knew you could!

Jealousy!

WalkingWolf

Given this week's rule changes at the RNC faux-vention, it doesn't matter what Republican voters and party members want. The party officials can ignore them and install whoever they wish.

Ohhhh Please~~Romney won the primary votes and states by a considerable larger margin than Ron Paul. The republican party members rightfully attempted to put a stop to the drama. Everybody with common sense knows that a small portion of Paulbots are attempting revenge by throwing tantrums. Google "crazy Ron Paul supporters" and there are OVER half a million hits. Blog after blog citizens on both the right and left think Ron Paul supporters have gone over the deep end.

The shame is this is probably the end for the Libertarian party. No moderate republican or democrat wants ANY association with them or Ron Paul now. And independents who prefer less drama in a party, are not going near the libertarians. Almost every single blog or forum are making fun of him. Congrats folks.

PistolPackingMomma

Ohhhh Please~~Romney won the primary votes and states by a considerable larger margin than Ron Paul. The republican party members rightfully attempted to put a stop to the drama. Everybody with common sense knows that a small portion of Paulbots are attempting revenge by throwing tantrums. Google "crazy Ron Paul supporters" and there are OVER half a million hits. Blog after blog citizens on both the right and left think Ron Paul supporters have gone over the deep end.

The shame is this is probably the end for the Libertarian party. No moderate republican or democrat wants ANY association with them or Ron Paul now. And independents who prefer less drama in a party, are not going near the libertarians. Almost every single blog or forum are making fun of him. Congrats folks.

Y'know, I'm pretty sure if I google "Rabid raccoons" or "man eating sharks", I'm going to get the results I ask for. You search for a specific group of people to validate your feelings, and act as if that's the entire political spectrum agreeing. Goodness, are you a RINO?

Translated that for you~ :rolleyes:

LOL

WalkingWolf

Y'know, I'm pretty sure if I google "Rabid raccoons" or "man eating sharks", I'm going to get the results I ask for. You search for a specific group of people to validate your feelings, and act as if that's the entire political spectrum agreeing. Goodness, are you a RINO?

LOL

The results from rabid raccoons is only 165,000 hits, one third of the hits for crazy Ron Paul supporters. Thanks:lol:

fjpro2a

Eloquent

I read your initial thread. You have explained yourself brilliantly, cogently, and as usual, you are right on the money. We need more people like you to make sure statements like the one you quote never go unnoticed. We should put Christie in jail for the rest of his life and confiscate all his wealth. Oh, I forgot. How many jobs would that create? As they say in NJ, OOFFAAHH!!!!!!!!

Jack House

The results from rabid raccoons is only 165,000 hits, one third of the hits for crazy Ron Paul supporters. Thanks:lol:
139,000,000 results, that's one hundred and thirty nine MILLION, for "all republicans are gay." Since number of results determines quality and truthfulness of a statement, this means that all republicans are homosexual. Since you support the republican party, you must be a closeted homosexual man.

WalkingWolf

139,000,000 results, that's one hundred and thirty nine MILLION, for "all republicans are gay." Since number of results determines quality and truthfulness of a statement, this means that all republicans are homosexual. Since you support the republican party, you must be a closeted homosexual man.

http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/arti...es_often_have_repressed_homosexual_tendencies

Study finds homophobes often have repressed homosexual tendencies~Interesting very very interesting.

KBCraig

Ohhhh Please~~Romney won the primary votes and states by a considerable larger margin than Ron Paul.
No one has claimed otherwise.

So, since Romney won so handily and had the nomination clearly in hand, why didn't they simply let the convention play out by the existing rules? With his six states, Ron Paul would have been one of the candidates for the nomination. He would have gotten 30 minutes to speak, then the delegate votes would be counted, and Romney would win.

The republican party members rightfully attempted to put a stop to the drama.
No, the members didn't. The members didn't have any say at all. And given the new rules changes, they will never again have any say in what happens in the GOP.

By cheering on the establishment insiders' efforts to shut up and shut down Ron Paul and his supporters, including his lawfully chosen delegates, many Republicans may find that they have cut out their own tongues.

sudden valley gunner

I get it. So, if I state that someday I hope to get enough courage to rob a bank, it's not as bad as the person who actually did it.--I agree.

I would hope to have enough money to legally shelter it from thievery by the governement.

Quite a deal different than wanting to have enough courage to illegally steal someone else's money.

Jack House

From Christie to taxes to homosexuals. Nice
Hang on to your hats, because this is about to take another wild twist.

http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/arti...es_often_have_repressed_homosexual_tendencies

Study finds homophobes often have repressed homosexual tendencies~Interesting very very interesting.
132,000,000 results for "everyone voting for romney is stupid."
047.gif

Jack House

Meaningless. I have a little more than half a million for my name alone, all because I wrote a few articles more than a decade ago.
You don't follow very well.

Google "crazy Ron Paul supporters" and there are OVER half a million hits. Blog after blog citizens on both the right and left think Ron Paul supporters have gone over the deep end.

Glock32

I think it interesting that Chris Christie is one of the top Republicans for 2016 (if President Obama wins), and he is making statements like this:

So, Christie is for evading paying taxes? We have a national debt that was ran-up, regardless by whom, and what he is in support of is not owning up to debt incurred? Just thought it was an interesting statement that he had made.

Tax havens are legal...........I'm sure you do everything you can to pay more taxes than you have to.

DangerClose

lol, Christie is even more lefty than Romney!

As for Romney and the RNC at the convention, it's not just about Paul supporters. Romney and the RNC even ticked off Tea Party people.