• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Israel new Rifle

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Extra barrels available in 9mm and 5.45x39mm. I'd like to see them support .300 Blackout as soon as possible.

If it has a decent trigger (the bane of many bullpups), and they can produce it well enough to bring the price under $1500, they really have something.

I like the built-in 45-degree rail.

Firearms Iinstuctor

What retail is and what one can buy them for in normally time varis a lot.

I shot and handled a AUG a bit make in the 80s the only reason I didn't keep it was the non standard mags.

With this one useing M16 mags I just might have to revist the idea.

But then a AUG way back when was only a few hundred dollars I could make a bit of money if I had one now.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Not interested, I don't even care for the collapsible stock on the M-4.

Didn't see a collapsible stock mentioned. Where did I miss it?

I do not "like" bullpup rifles for a number of reasons, but several armies have gone to them with apparent success (or at least not major failures).

I have got to ak - a bayonet on even an 18" barreled bullpup? Besides opening letters, why? I was taught that bayonets were stand-off weapons to keep people outside arms length and that if the other guy got any closer you took the bayonet off and dealt with him inside arms length. But then I also whinged when they shortened the M1 bayonet to 9".:(:cry:

stay safe.

WalkingWolf

Didn't see a collapsible stock mentioned. Where did I miss it?

I do not "like" bullpup rifles for a number of reasons, but several armies have gone to them with apparent success (or at least not major failures).

I have got to ak - a bayonet on even an 18" barreled bullpup? Besides opening letters, why? I was taught that bayonets were stand-off weapons to keep people outside arms length and that if the other guy got any closer you took the bayonet off and dealt with him inside arms length. But then I also whinged when they shortened the M1 bayonet to 9".:(:cry:

stay safe.

Was not mentioned, I just pointed out I don't care for it, I don't care for any rifle that is shortened to that point, however it is done. For a rifle I like a full stock, and at least 18 inch barrel. YMMV

motoxmann

I rather like this gun, just may have to look into getting one myself. curious to see how price changes over the years, as well as all the other BS currently going on

georg jetson

Was not mentioned, I just pointed out I don't care for it, I don't care for any rifle that is shortened to that point, however it is done. For a rifle I like a full stock, and at least 18 inch barrel. YMMV

That's what's so good about a bullpup design. It allows for full length barrels and a full/fixed stock and still maintains a short, close quarters type profile.

WalkingWolf

That's what's so good about a bullpup design. It allows for full length barrels and a full/fixed stock and still maintains a short, close quarters type profile.

Not for me, close quarters would have to be a closet. I have used rifles and shotguns in very heavy brush, and certainly a shotgun and rifle are very adept in a room. I have used both for clearing buildings. For me their is no practical use for such a weapon. YMMV

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Once free to move, even inside a building, rifle length is not as much as issue as often made out to be.

But where the short rifle shines is in how much better it is when you have to egress a vehicle with it ready for action.

WalkingWolf

Once free to move, even inside a building, rifle length is not as much as issue as often made out to be.

But where the short rifle shines is in how much better it is when you have to egress a vehicle with it ready for action.

Now that makes more sense, but since I carry a handgun in vehicles, and any type of rifle is too much of pain for normal carry, it is just not useful for me. Though I carried a shotgun and a rifle in a vehicle for years and had no problem deploying them. The shotgun in a upright locking rack, and the rifle in a rack in the trunk. The shotgun department owned, the rifle my own, a marlin 336 30/30.

zack991

Seems like a lot of hype to me - I'll take my m4 or AK any day.

This, I will stick to a proven weapon system such as my AK and AR. Unless they build a compact laser weapon or build a truly new firearm, it is simply just a rehash of old ideas in a new skin.

Last edited: