• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

please hit this poll re: overturning CO magazine ban

arentol

polls ain't going to overturn a law ... vote if you wish .. but your time could be better spent at this point in time

The point of such a poll is to see if an initiative to overturn the law is likely to pass. So yes, a poll like this can ultimately lead to the overturning of a law.

eye95

Actually, I think the purpose of the poll was to prove that the People supported the ban. I am sure that the Denver Post thought the results would be overwhelming in the other direction. So, yes, this can help pass a ballot initiative by proving the leftists at the Denver Post wrong.

AZkopper

Hit it. 2:1 pro-2A.

For. I oppose the limit and would vote to overturn the bill. 67413 Votes, or 68.98 %

Against. I support the limit and would vote to uphold the bill. 30078 Votes, or 30.78 % Unsure.

I haven't decided yet. 226 Votes, or 0.231 %

OC for ME

Post Poll - Overturn Gun Bill?
20130314__op15pollpic%7Ep1.jpg

Assuming state House Bill 1224, which limits gun magazines to 15 rounds, will become law, how would you vote on a 2014 ballot measure to overturn it?
Total Votes = 100986
For. I oppose the limit and would vote to overturn the bill.
polls_results.gif
70669 Votes, or 69.97 %
Against. I support the limit and would vote to uphold the bill.
polls_results.gif
30091 Votes, or 29.79 %
Unsure. I haven't decided yet.
polls_results.gif
226 Votes, or 0.223 %

It seems that the citizenry from outside the Denver area is making their voices heard.

OC for ME

Initiatives cost money and donations to the initiative are far easier to garner when potential donors believe that the initiative has a better than even chance to be passed the voters.