• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Kitsap Anniversary 7/13

Trigger Dr

The date was July 13, 2008. There had been talk of an OC picnic at Long Lake park in
Kitsap County.
There was also talk among the younger Kitsap County Deputies that they would have a
field day disarming and arresting OCers at the picnic.

With help in the background and from forum members, FOIA requests were sent, and
documents received. The end result was a well attended picnic, with no negative
contacts, PERIOD.
There were 2 Deputies that occasionally stopped by, visited and left with a good
impression. IRRC they even had a burger with us.

The time has come to do this again. Kitsap County and Port Orchard are both OC friendly,
and we intend to make the best of it.

DATE: July 13, 2013
Time: 11:00 am – 3:00pm ( setup will start at 10:00am)
Location: Kitsap County Park located at Jackson and Lund in Port Orchard. Enter the park
from the Jackson street entrance.
The OpenCarry.Org Table and banner will be prominently displayed, courtesy of M1Gunnr
There is a small covered area that will be reserved for our use,
A NEW and well equipped play area for the kids,
basketball hoops, and for a short 2 minute walk, horseshoe pits.
If you have horseshoes, bring them.
Tables and grills are in short supply so if you have one you might want to bring it by.
Food, Drinks, chairs are BYO. If you want to bring something for a potluck that would be
nice, in the event park goers stop by to see what is the occasion.
Port Orchard Mayor, Tim Matthis, will be invited as well as members of POPD. Mayor
Matthis is an OC supporter and has attended past meetings. POPD is cool with OC.
Media will be contacted at the appropriate time.

Make your plans and keep watch for additional information as it becomes available.

There are only 3 reason to not be there:
1. Family emergency (the ONLY acceptable reason)
2. In jail
3. Just do not want to come.

So, if you are not going to be there, nobody is interested in your excuses, as we will know why.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMNofSeattle

Anyone given any thought to food?

I'm a reasonably good cook. I can whip up just about anything...

but if we have a BBQ style motif going I have some frozen ham hocks from Farmer George, I can make some baked beans in a slow cooker.

I also am on some other forums that are gun related with Washington members, want me to post on those?

leitung

Considering I live directly across the street, shouldn't be any reason I am not there, even for a short while.

Of course I have been saying that I am going to come to the oc meets in Port Orchard and I always end up working or side tracked.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I created an event on the Open Carry Washington Facebook Page as well as a few other groups I am a member of.
https://www.facebook.com/events/379298598846484/

I also added a paragraph:
Concealed carriers are welcome as are those who do not wish to carry. We do ask that long guns be left at home as this event is about the carrying of handguns in everyday activities. There will be NO handling of firearms at this event.

(post 4k) whooo hoo look at me....

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

I just got off the phone with DEROS72. The annual Willow Lake Picnic, normally held in August, will be combined with the Port Orchard Anniversary Picnic. This will include everything that goes with Willow Lake and Port Orchard as well.
This could and will be a B I G event.:banana::D:monkey:):lol::shocker:

EMNofSeattle

I created an event on the Open Carry Washington Facebook Page as well as a few other groups I am a member of.
https://www.facebook.com/events/379298598846484/

I also added a paragraph:
Concealed carriers are welcome as are those who do not wish to carry. We do ask that long guns be left at home as this event is about the carrying of handguns in everyday activities. There will be NO handling of firearms at this event.

(post 4k) whooo hoo look at me....

What? who do you think you are? what would the kitsap events be without a good muzzle sweep every so often..... :cool:

EDIT it just occured to me Bill doesn't know the joke....

EDIT #2 I did not add the link to the post, so i don't know what it goes to ebay

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

What? who do you think you are? what would the kitsap events be without a good muzzle sweep every so often..... :cool:

EDIT it just occured to me Bill doesn't know the joke....

EDIT #2 I did not add the link to the post, so i don't know what it goes to ebay

One more case of speaking before you know what is going on.:mad::banghead:

DEROS72

I just got off the phone with DEROS72. The annual Willow Lake Picnic, normally held in August, will be combined with the Port Orchard Anniversary Picnic. This will include everything that goes with Willow Lake and Port Orchard as well.
This could and will be a B I G event.:banana::D:monkey:):lol::shocker:

As Jim Mentioned we have decided to combine this with the annual Willow Lake event.Many of you know I have done a gun give away at the past events (no cost) and this year will be no different.I have not decided yet on make and model but will announce that as we progress.Jim has asked me to contact the media and I will do so at the appropriate time as he mentioned. I will be meeting with trigger doc soon and we may have some other surprises in store.there will be other prizes there as well as I have done the past 6 years. so spread the word and make out there ,it's gonna be a good one.